Porcupine Tree 5.1 remasters - Deadwing / In Absentia - getting nearer?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KScope Support said:
Thanks for the email regarding the Grace for Drowning Blu-ray videos. You’re right with your guess that they’re hidden, within the songs themselves to be exact. When you play the tracks from the songs menu (not ‘play album’), each track will have its own interactive screen, offering viewing and/or listening options. ‘Remainder…’, ‘Belle de Jour’, ‘Index’, ‘Track One’ and ‘Like Dust…’ all have an option to listen whilst watching the Lasse Hoile film created for Steven’s live show.

Can the videos be found in this way?
I see somebody answered you above but I would like to add something. This is what you see with the menus and pop-up menus:

GFD_p.jpg

GFD_2p.jpg

I was expecting something similar with To The Bone BD and I was really disappointed when I bought it and the only thing I've got was the album in 5.1 and the only way to get all the demos and extra tracks was buying the expensive box set.

This is my first post here, I hope everything is ok.

I see somebody answered you above but I would like to add something. This is what you see with the menus and pop-up menus:

View attachment 47037

View attachment 47038

I was expecting something similar with To The Bone BD and I was really disappointed when I bought it and the only thing I've got was the album in 5.1 and the only way to get all the demos and extra tracks was buying the expensive box set.

This is my first post here, I hope everything is ok.
Hello Karonte. Welcome to the QQ forum !

Page back and look at MarkN's post of the waveforms. It looks like more than speculation.

Also, Plan9 seems to confirm that the Blu-ray is not using the corrected phase surround master in a couple of posts on this thread (posts 250 and 261 above). I do hope that someone besides me has looked at the Blu-ray files to verify that they still don't have the phase issues corrected.

Also, Plan9 seems to confirm that the Blu-ray is not using the corrected phase surround master in a couple of posts on this thread (posts 250 and 261 above). I do hope that someone besides me has looked at the Blu-ray files to verify that they still don't have the phase issues corrected.

I have, they are not corrected.

Received the following email reply today from Kscope regarding my order received from ImportCDs. I had emailed them previously, also attaching a copy of my confirmed order receipt email from ImportCDs which included my name and shipping address:

Hi,

Thanks you for your mail.

We will ship you a replacement when they arrive at the end of the month.

Regards

Kscope

Received the following email reply today from Kscope regarding my order received from ImportCDs. I had emailed them previously, also attaching a copy of my confirmed order receipt email from ImportCDs which included my name and shipping address:

Hi,

Thanks you for your mail.

We will ship you a replacement when they arrive at the end of the month.

Regards

Kscope

Nice to know what their intentions are time-wise. Too bad they didn't indicate exactly what that "replacement" will consist of...

Nice to know what their intentions are time-wise. Too bad they didn't indicate exactly what that "replacement" will consist of...
At this point, all we know from the Burning Shed website is the following:

Please note that there was an omission from the original Blu-ray disc. It should have included the audio from CD2 in high res (24/96) but does not.
We will be sending out replacement discs to all original customers in due course. You do not need to do anything.

I subscribed last week and I received an email last Wedsnesday (march 6) telling the album is now available. However the disponibility date is april 3.

Let's hope the BD tracklist is correct but I'm afraid the LFE delay will be there in the new discs.

Let's hope the BD tracklist is correct but I'm afraid the LFE delay will be there in the new discs.
Maybe @Plan9 can elaborate on that...
Hi guys, I can say the matter was taken up by Steven and that hopefully, if everything goes to plan (fingers crossed, again [emoji28] ), the replacement Blu-Ray will have both the missing tracks reinstated and the surround mix corrected!
So, to be clear, does Steven have the full picture as unearthed forensically in this thread? This being 1) the center channel polarity is reversed and 2) the subwoofer channel is delayed by some 10ms?

Pete at Burning Shed just responded to my specific questions about this:

"
Hi Mark

Thanks for your email.

In answer your questions:

1) Content included as advertised?
Yes, this is now corrected

2) Phase/polarity of some channels reversed in the 5.1 surround mix?
Yes, again this has been corrected

3) LFE channel delayed relative to the others by some 10ms?
This has been corrected..

4) Overly loud and so compressed mastering of both stereo and 5.1 mixes?
This is a bit subjective. The 5.1 mix is the 2003 original, so yes, it was right in the middle of the "loudness wars” so it is what it is (or rather, was).
The stereo of the full album, however, is new and exactly as Steven Wilson feels it should be now.
The bonus material is all circa 2003 so will have the ’sound' of that era.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Pete

Burning Shed Ltd,
Unit B, Yarefield Park
Old Hall Road
Norwich NR4 6FF"

Back