Porcupine Tree 5.1 remasters - Deadwing / In Absentia - getting nearer?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received the following email reply today from Kscope regarding my order received from ImportCDs. I had emailed them previously, also attaching a copy of my confirmed order receipt email from ImportCDs which included my name and shipping address:

Hi,

Thanks you for your mail.

We will ship you a replacement when they arrive at the end of the month.

Regards

Kscope
I sent KScope an email myself (I too ordered from ImportCDs) but have not heard back from them yet.
ImportCDs told me to contact Kscope as well,
I hope they just send everyone a replacement disc

I can vouch that reversing the phase on the center, plus chopping 10ms from each LFE, plus boosting the LFE by 7 db sounds fucking awesome.
Nice, bumping kick drum and more discernible bass. This was done by a QQer, of the amphibious persuasion. I'm very curious to see/hear how it compares to Plan9's version, should that ever surface (which it should, one way or another, if you ask me...)

Pete at Burning Shed just responded to my specific questions about this:

"
Hi Mark

Thanks for your email.

In answer your questions:

1) Content included as advertised?
Yes, this is now corrected

2) Phase/polarity of some channels reversed in the 5.1 surround mix?
Yes, again this has been corrected

3) LFE channel delayed relative to the others by some 10ms?
This has been corrected..

4) Overly loud and so compressed mastering of both stereo and 5.1 mixes?
This is a bit subjective. The 5.1 mix is the 2003 original, so yes, it was right in the middle of the "loudness wars” so it is what it is (or rather, was).
The stereo of the full album, however, is new and exactly as Steven Wilson feels it should be now.
The bonus material is all circa 2003 so will have the ’sound' of that era.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Pete

Burning Shed Ltd,
Unit B, Yarefield Park
Old Hall Road
Norwich NR4 6FF"
That's the reply I was looking for! Thanks for doing the legwork!

I can vouch that reversing the phase on the center, plus chopping 10ms from each LFE, plus boosting the LFE by 7 db sounds fucking awesome.
Nice, bumping kick drum and more discernible bass. This was done by a QQer, of the amphibious persuasion. I'm very curious to see/hear how it compares to Plan9's version, should that ever surface (which it should, one way or another, if you ask me...)

"from each LFE" curious how you figure there's more than one EB...? are you running some kind of dual sub configuration with the LFE split to separately equalizable "channels"?

I'm glad someone noticed the LFE channel was also lowered by 7.6dB at mastering (originally to accomodate for the lossy encoding, but this wasn't necessary for the lossless track).
I don't think this will be "corrected" on the new Blu-Ray as the old mastering has been kept (apart from the phase errors).

I'm glad someone noticed the LFE channel was also lowered by 7.6dB at mastering (originally to accomodate for the lossy encoding, but this wasn't necessary for the lossless track).
I don't think this will be "corrected" on the new Blu-Ray as the old mastering has been kept (apart from the phase errors).

Do you have independent confirmation that the phase errors have been/will be fixed other than the note I received from BurningShed?

I was advised by Kscope via Facebook to email [email protected]. They replied and asked me for proof of purchase and my address so they can send the replacement Blu-Ray.
Still waiting for a response from them.

EDIT: Found a response in my junk folder from this morning...
Thanks you for your mail.

We will send you a replacement when they arrive at the end of the month

Regards

Kscope

Last edited:
Thank you to all those that looked into this issue...Here's the response I received from Kscope ([email protected]):

1584377635143.png

:)

Back