Porcupine Tree 5.1 remasters - Deadwing / In Absentia - getting nearer?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See post #3. The LFE channel is also inverted (out of phase) on the original dvd-a release.
I dont believe it is. After a 10ms offset, it is in phase with LCR. From the waveforms and sections I looked at they were very much in phase after the shift. No inversion required. That is what I see on the DVDA at least.

See post #3. The LFE channel is also inverted (out of phase) on the original dvd-a release.
1585615887399.png

Snippet from Blackest Eyes

1585616094177.png

Snippet from Trains.

Similarly I couldn't find any that were out of phase, whilst doing this yesterday. If you have a particular title/section for me to examine please let me know and I can post the snippet.

Thanks to POCKETS17red, I now have one of the little orphan blurays that is unwanted. This little bluray just wasn't made right. I felt sorry for the little fellow. I wanted to give it a good home where it would be loved and cherished for all time. So, for a reasonable sum, the little orphan 5.1 bluray was delivered today and got his first spin in the OPPO. By GEORGE, did the little orphan ever shine! Sounds just as good as my other 4 PT dvda's. But..everyone knows stuff runs downhill and since the little 5.1 didn't have a place to stay, the stuff landed on the stupid dream stereo disc. He was removed from his home next to his dvda surround sound brother. The little orphan bluray took stereos spot in the super jewell case. The stereo disc was remanded to the stereo pile (yes pile) of discs that have come packed with all those surround discs I've bought. Thanks POCKETS for this mint disc. I was almost afraid I was going to have to turn over a Benjamin Franklin to listen to Absentia in surround. And of course, Pockets is indeed a trustworthy QQ resident to do business with.

Latest from Pete at Burning Shed:

"Hi

Thanks for your order for this.

We just wanted to let you know that we will not be able to ship your copy this week as hoped.

We should have boxsets (containing the revised Blu-Ray disc) within the next couple of weeks and we will start shipping as soon as possible.

We apologise for the delay.

Kind Regards

Pete"

Amazon-UK informs me that they can’t ship music CD/LP etc. to the US due to Coronavirus (i.e. very low priority).

Is Burning Shed facing similar constraints, I wonder...

Amazon-UK informs me that they can’t ship music CD/LP etc. to the US due to Coronavirus (i.e. very low priority).

Mine's coming directly from Kscope. I've been waiting over a month for a CD from Japan and the seller told me there are only a fraction of normal flights now operating, hence the delay. However, I did just receive a CD from a UK seller via Amazon US. Burning Shed shows the re-release date as the 17th, meaning the corrected discs have been pressed. A friend has a copy on pre-order, so I'm anxious to see when she receives it. As far as the rest of us waiting on single disc replacements, I'm hoping they follow the re-release date. But in this current situation I'm not counting on anything. :(

Burning Shed shipped my Bill Nelson pre-order a few days ago, but Amazon UK nuked my Marillion Script deluxe order, I'm getting copy in the next day or two from Deep Discount instead.

What I did was go to Effect - Invert for the center channel, highlight the LFE channel and at the bottom of the screen set End of Selection to 00.010s then click the Cut button up top (scissors), then at the left side of the LFE channel, double tap the blue slider (- o +) and a little window pops up and you can set the gain to 7.6. That's the way that I did it with probably the exact same outcome as doing it the other way, I would think. Got the 7.6dB from Plan9's post:

Hmmm, just trying to fix mine now and something just doesn't look right. Blackest Eyes seemed ok but on Trains is the LFE supposed to be out of sync slightly even after applying the 10ms cut? The peaks don't line up on mine and it now looks slightly ahead...

This is after inverting the C, cutting 00.010ms from LFE and then 7.6dB gain.

Trains:
20200415_135518.jpg

The Sound of Muzak:
20200415_134503.jpg

This is after inverting the C, cutting 00.010ms from LFE and then 7.6dB gain.
You must've somehow not applied the cut correctly to these tracks, as here are my fixed versions:

Trains:
Trains.JPG

Sound of Muzak:
Muzak.JPG

I went through and checked each individual track after correcting them as I went and they all came out looking correct.

How is the cut done in Audacity then? When inverting just the C channel, I'm selecting it and applying the invert and it doesn't touch the other tracks. I do the same select on the LFE and apply the cut but it does appear to shift everything else also, although hard to tell for definite as the change is so subtle.

Back