Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation (5.1/Dolby Atmos) 24-Jun-2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every PT and SW release until TFB had extras on them, documentaries, extra tracks etc, it would appear that we are being taken for a ride now by the man who laughed at consumers on TFB, i’m afraid this will probably be my last SW related purchase ☹️

I think what’s disappointing to me is that there is enough stuff out there that would have easily made this into a much better package.

The online “Complete Air Studios sessions” plus the band interviews could have been on the blu ray. They could have used Anil Prassad’s Innerviews Interview and put that either on some extra pages or in the white boxes (I get the white box concept as an artistic things because … well it is what it is).

The bonus tracks even if they’d been on the disc in hi res stereo would have filled some of the space.

Ultimately anyone with a blu ray burner could make up that disc for themselves and it would take the box set to the next level.
How many videos were released to promote the album, why weren’t they included? Not one thing extra on the blu ray is taking the piss, £55 for a surround disc and a crap book is over the top when you compare it to In absentia for extras at the same price

I hear you all and I can partly agree on your dissapointment regarding the design and content decision made, but I must say that your whining is a bit tiresome and exaggerating. How about focusing a bit on what actually is there rather than on what is missing, mostly due to the standard that SW has spoilt us with up to To The Bone deluxe edition.

We have a very good new album by PT with the expected excellent sound quality and stereo and 5.1-mix, with a Dolby Atmos mix as icing on the cake for those who have equipment for it. We also get three added quality songs thrown in as bonus to the main album.

I am a happy camper indeed and I am also very much looking forward to the upcoming tour.

Yep, I think if the record label really wanted to release one, they would have done so already.
Hard to say if that will come to pass, but even if it does happen the damage has been done. The process begun with the The Future Bites seems complete with the PT / CC marketing strategy. Given the dramatic lack of available additional material that could have been included on the blu-ray makes the so-called deluxe edition a joke, especially at the high price. If a future standalone blu-ray is released, if it contained any additional material not included in the deluxe edition blu-ray would frankly be shocking. Whether a standalone blu-ray with just the main album in stereo and surround for $30 or more would even sell enough to justify producing it at his point is an open question. Whatever happens, it's sad to see.

I hear you all and I can partly agree on your dissapointment regarding the design and content decision made, but I must say that your whining is a bit tiresome and exaggerating. How about focusing a bit on what actually is there rather than on what is missing, mostly due to the standard that SW has spoilt us with up to To The Bone deluxe edition.

We have a very good new album by PT with the expected excellent sound quality and stereo and 5.1-mix, with a Dolby Atmos mix as icing on the cake for those who have equipment for it. We also get three added quality songs thrown in as bonus to the main album.

I am a happy camper indeed and I am also very much looking forward to the upcoming tour.
yes we “whiners” are happy with the new music but we feel ripped off with de “deluxe edition” . Its a lot of money for a nearly empty bluray and rather flimsy packaging. We blindly, in good faith, preordered it knowing how previous ltd editions PT & SW deluxe sets were made.

I'm loving this album... Every time I play it, it's over too soon, and I have to hit play again.... I don't recall this happening with any other Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson album before.
I just wish I'd get mine. You'd think this was a recently discovered never released Beatles album or something. Maybe I still won't have it when I see PT in Philly in Sept., which would really suck. Having heard the three early release tracks, I'm resisting listening to the rest of the songs online because that kinda takes the fun out of getting a new release, doesn't it? And then to hear everyone bitching about the lack of bonus tracks on the blu-ray just makes a bad situation worse. This is becoming a joke. I can't recall any new release being in such short supply as soon as it was released.

I just got mine yesterday direct from their store. Played it through once so far and nothing really stood out until the last track for me. I've got time for another full sit-down with it today so hopefully it hits home a little more today.

Order in mid-Nov from ImportCDs and still haven't received anything but the initial order confirmation. I am at the point where if it comes, it comes, if it doesn't then so be it. I'll eventually pick up the RBCD when it becomes available. If they don't want my money then that's fine.

Cancelled my order with DeepDiscount and am happy with my decision. I’ll probably put the money towards the upcoming Who’s Next box set 👍
Who's Next is a no brainer for me, but now I'm a little hesitant on who to order from. But I've been a Porcupine Tree fan for a loooong time and I absolutely have to have this. I don't like cancelling orders (mine is with ImportCDs), but this is getting a bit ridiculous.

Who's Next is a no brainer for me, but now I'm a little hesitant on who to order from. But I've been a Porcupine Tree fan for a loooong time and I absolutely have to have this. I don't like cancelling orders (mine is with ImportCDs), but this is getting a bit ridiculous.
I’ve only been a fan for a few years now, but I’m happy with the stream and can wait until at least they’re in stock and the price comes down a bit.

I just got mine yesterday direct from their store. Played it through once so far and nothing really stood out until the last track for me. I've got time for another full sit-down with it today so hopefully it hits home a little more today.
Ok so now through my second isolated listening session and I'm digging it a lot more! I didn't think the songs were strong on hooks but on hearing them again i was dead wrong. Amazing how ingrained some of the riffs were after hearing them again.

Is it too much to hope for a stand alone Bluray ?
Perhaps, as is often the pattern in the music industry, there may be a stand alone bluray from an album tour (hopefully there is one planned?) with a lot of these new songs included. Something nicely put together and respectful to the fanbase. I look forward to that possibility. :)

Does anyone else feel like Dignity is a spiritual sequel to Aqualung? Wouldn't be surprised if there was an actual connection there...

Back