Porcupine Tree - Closure / Continuation (5.1/Dolby Atmos) 24-Jun-2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I entered the Surround hobby with my dear classic King Crimson albums being mixed in 5.1 by an unknow to me fellow called Steven Wilson. Then, eventually, I discovered Porcupine Tree. I even went …with my wife… to attend the Steven Wilson concert in Madrid, the Raven tour year.

The rest is History.

Sooo... Even if it is really too soon… I cannot resist. I ordered the CD Box Set from amazon.de (total 70 € including shipping to Spain).

Just thinking about the comments regarding Steven Wilson "burning bridges" with past musicians or suggestions he may not have treated past band members or studio musicians with enough respect, as well as comments that suggest he has been held to a higher standard when it comes to his relationships with the people he works with. I've turned this over in my head and I keep coming back to my own profession, working with the chemically dependent and mentally ill. In the many years I've been working in the field, I've come into contact with many professionals and have developed many professional relationships. In that time, there have been more than a few where disagreements came up and, in a few cases, we no longer get along with one along. Steven Wilson has been making music since he was 16, and in that time he's going to have had a number of disagreements and bad blood is going to develop. I'm sure everyone here has had that happen. I agree it would be nice to have all of the old people back working on any new Porcupine Tree music, though, if he wanted to really get back to basics with Porcupine Tree, and really return to his roots, it would just be him in his bedroom writing music by himself...and he'd be putting out a new Altamont album, the long-awaited follow up to Prayer For The Soul. Actually, that might be interesting to hear. Just my hot take. Nothing more.

Anyway, pre-ordered this the moment I saw the email. Don't care what's in the box. Give me the scarves and marbles; give me the mirror, the surveys, and stickers. They made me laugh.

Last edited:
You know that all the way down to the club level circuit bands -some of which I've known that eventually got record deals like Molly Hatchet- often make arbitrary decisions on who stays and who goes.
A band originally out of North Carolina had a super good guitar player, but he didn't fit the image the other guys wanted, wasn't flashy enough or whatever that was so they drummed him out. I saw the handwriting on the wall and wasn't surprised when everyone was gone but the singer, and he replaced them with other musicians that I suppose he thought were a better fit. They did get a record deal and cut 2 or 3 albums then settled in as a house band when things died down. So it goes.
They weren't my friends, really, but I always had a good time with them.
Hey, Gentle Giant said no to Elton John. So, sometimes it is more than talent that they're looking for.

Preordered some days ago.
This were really breaking news. Incredible.

Still hoped that the collaboration of SW and GH will continue some day. And the great soundscapes by RB.
...and I still hope to get tickets for a gig.

Yeah I've been a big fan of his music for about 20 years now but he does seem to burn a few bridges. I suppose it's fitting that he got along so well with Aviv Geffen - they both are nice to people they respect musically and tend to be kind of nasty to others.
He's also really protective of his creative license over his music, an dis very adamant that all his music is "his" music. I was at his show a few years ago and he played "Drown With Me" - someone in the audience said it was a Porcupine Tree song, and he took about two minutes to sternly explain that it was "his" song, that he wrote while in Porcupine Tree, not a Porcupine Tree song. Like, we get it, we all know you wrote the songs.
Shame about what happened with Marco and Guthrie as well.
He went through the same spiel when I saw him in Houston on the To the Bone tour. Fo we that show it was in the intro to a Blackfield song.

Hardly matters. He does write all the songs.

Last edited:
Well we know he's a talented guy. He's been in this long enough to make a little coin, now. Money always changes things.
As long as he turns out the jams, I don't much care what his personality is like. But I know "stars" behaving badly always gets out it seems.

I entered the Surround hobby with my dear classic King Crimson albums being mixed in 5.1 by an unknow to me fellow called Steven Wilson. Then, eventually, I discovered Porcupine Tree. I even went …with my wife… to attend the Steven Wilson concert in Madrid, the Raven tour year.

The rest is History.

Sooo... Even if it is really too soon… I cannot resist. I ordered the CD Box Set from amazon.de (total 70 € including shipping to Spain).

I'm from Spain too but I will wait until it's available at Amazon.es and I can compare prices between Amazon.es and Amazon.de. On the other hand, I reccommend you to take a look to EMP. The CD box price is 59.99 plus 5.99 for shipping. They send from Germany to Spain using Correos but the shipping is no longer than one week.

You can be a member for 10 euros if you register in the site for the first time. I'm a member of both, Amazon and EMP, and most of my CD/DVD/BD are from EMP because their prices are the same as Amazon.de but I don't have to pay shipping.

I'm from Spain too but I will wait until it's available at Amazon.es and I can compare prices between Amazon.es and Amazon.de. On the other hand, I reccommend you to take a look to EMP. The CD box price is 59.99 plus 5.99 for shipping. They send from Germany to Spain using Correos but the shipping is no longer than one week.

You can be a member for 10 euros if you register in the site for the first time. I'm a member of both, Amazon and EMP, and most of my CD/DVD/BD are from EMP because their prices are the same as Amazon.de but I don't have to pay shipping.

Thanks for telling me about MPE.

I use to buy much from amazon.es, but some times the expensive boxes are not available in amazon.es, only the "basic" CDs. It looks like the Spain market is still lower than the usual "niche" market freaking surround people. With the BREXIT, I think we will see similar enlarged prices because of the takes for the rest of European Union.

Coming back to topic, It could be true Steven Wilson may have a strong personality dealing with the rest of the band members. That may be a reason why he ended Porcupine Tree and evolved like a "solo" musician. But the same could happen with Robert Fripp, and we can see and enjoy (or not) how different flavours of King Crimson has existed over years.

Really, Gavin brings his own drumming style, like for The Pinneaple Thief, and as he likes to mix himself his drumming tracks, I hope also there is a good future collaboration with Steven Wilson.

Yeah I've been a big fan of his music for about 20 years now but he does seem to burn a few bridges. I suppose it's fitting that he got along so well with Aviv Geffen - they both are nice to people they respect musically and tend to be kind of nasty to others.
He's also really protective of his creative license over his music, an dis very adamant that all his music is "his" music. I was at his show a few years ago and he played "Drown With Me" - someone in the audience said it was a Porcupine Tree song, and he took about two minutes to sternly explain that it was "his" song, that he wrote while in Porcupine Tree, not a Porcupine Tree song. Like, we get it, we all know you wrote the songs.
Shame about what happened with Marco and Guthrie as well.
He did a similar speech in Montréal before playing Even Less about a critic who wrote that he played some Porcupine Tree covers in his show.

Last edited:
Apparently the track listing was leaked on one of the seller sites but has been removed once again:

1636395160682.png

Back