Porcupine Tree - Did you discover them because of Surround Sound?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Were the 5.1 releases from Porcupine Tree the reason you discovered the band?

• Total voters
I first Heard PT in 1996 and the track "Waiting" from the CD "Signify". I was very impressed. Fast Forward 23 years later, I remember reading somewhere why
SW could not remix the earlier PT Catalog as the ADAT (VHS Based) Multitrack equipment was very primitive and problematic. That translates to me as dropouts, etc have ruined the multitrack masters.

I bought In Absentia based solely on the 5.1 as there were so few releases around that time. Fell in love and have bought everything SW touches ever since. I have one drawer devoted to SW stuff.

I first Heard PT in 1996 and the track "Waiting" from the CD "Signify". I was very impressed. Fast Forward 23 years later, I remember reading somewhere why
SW could not remix the earlier PT Catalog as the ADAT (VHS Based) Multitrack equipment was very primitive and problematic. That translates to me as dropouts, etc have ruined the multitrack masters.
That's very sad :(. I still hope that he will release something from the early years on PT in 5.1. Otherwise I've to stick with my Penteo upmixes of those records. These aren't bad. But the upmixes are not very discrete (which I prefer).

Back