HiRez Poll Porcupine Tree - IN ABSENTIA [DVD-A/BDA]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/BDA of Porcupine Tree - IN ABSENTIA

• Total voters
High School I went to back in the 70’s was called S.A. Comanches. Saybrook-Arrowsmith. [emoji1316]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bringing things back on topic...
There is a DVDA on eBay now. Will the phase issue be so significant that I shouldn't buy?

If you dig the music, I would definitely grab it. The mix is fantastic - this is my favorite of all the Porcupine Tree surround releases. Plenty of bass when played straight off the disc to my ears.

Bringing things back on topic...

If you dig the music, I would definitely grab it. The mix is fantastic - this is my favorite of all the Porcupine Tree surround releases. Plenty of bass when played straight off the disc to my ears.
Thank you. I was outbid. Better luck next time....

If the Center channel was out of phase but then sent to front left and right...would the fronts be out of phase?

No. The information that is common between the center channel and fronts will cancel - since the center channel on this album primarily carries bass, the bass response will be diminished to some degree.

If the Center channel was out of phase but then sent to front left and right...would the fronts be out of phase?
I don't know. You can correct the phase by using a center speaker and swapping the center speaker wires: positive wire into negative terminal and negative wire into positive terminal. Just be sure to turn off your system first.

I don't know. You can correct the phase by using a center speaker and swapping the center speaker wires: positive wire into negative terminal and negative wire into positive terminal. Just be sure to turn off your system first.
I can do that on my new system, via the banana plugs! Isn't the LFE out of phase too though?

I can do that on my new system, via the banana plugs! Isn't the LFE out of phase too though?
From what I remember, the center channel is just straight up inverted, but the LFE channel is not inverted, but slightly time-shifted. I flopped the center channel with Audacity and that helped a lot, but I did look at the LFE channel, and it was just slightly out of sync, not completely phase inverted like the center channel. I just left it alone. I think someone earlier in this thread gave the time-delay measurements for the LFE channel, but I haven't messed with that yet.

Back