Porcupine Tree The Incident Tour

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Schoultz

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Just got home from the Porcupine Tree show in San Antonio. The show was excellent. They played some parts of the Incident album and songs mainly from In Absentia and Fear of a Blank Planet. This was the first time I've seen them in concert. The visuals really accentuate the performance. Is this put together by Steven as well?
I was surprised they weren't the headliner band. The main band was Coheed and Cambria. Never heard of them. Some kind of metal/goth band? When Porcupine Tree finished their first song, Steven said hello to all the Coheed and Cambria fans. Not much applause, then he said hello to all the Porcupine Tree fans. Big applause. He was obviously making light of having to open for the other band. So, is this new with this tour that they don't headline?
The venue was outside. This being San Antonio and the middle of summer...it was hot! Steven made a joke about the heat and that in London they are lucky if they get one week of sunshine in the summer. So glad I had an opportunity to finally see them live. I can only imagine the other band sitting in their tour bus and quaking in their shoes at having to follow up that performance!

You are lucky. I just found out they came thru Los Angeles and played a a small venue, the Wiltern Theatre on 8/12. And I missed them! I've seen them before,but would like to have heard this setlist.
Oh well, at least I have their bluray.

Just to clarify - they are not really "opening" on the tour. It's a co-headline thing with both bands playing equal time sets.

I went to the Albuquerque show on Monday night. I thought they played really well - decent 70 minute set. I'd have liked the full 2 hour+ show but just getting them here in Abq is good enough for me right now. The sound in the place was not great though. I was right across the aisle from the soundboard and I don't know why but instead of sounding like the decent small theater it is it sounded like I was in the last row of a huge hockey arena.

I'd never heard of C&C either and checked out a few songs before going to the show. I'm glad P Tree came on before them so I could leave and not have to sit through their set....

Back