Postal problems from the UK

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you realize how much our day to day life depends on information being passed around digitally from computer to computer, you also realize the epic, literal, meltdown our world would experience if something happened to bring it all down. Even scarier when there are people out there trying to make that very thing happen. Let's hope the resolution is quick.

This has just appeared on the BBC website: Royal Mail 'cyber incident' hits overseas post so those waiting for discs sent via Royal Mail may have a longer wait
Oh drat...just got a notice from Presto Music in the UK that my order was dispatched TODAY via Royal Mail!

In a separate incident today in the US:

The US as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) grounded all flights following a computer malfunction - causing chaos across the US. Along with grounding all flights, the FAA paused all domestic flights until 9 am EST. More than 2,500 flights in and out of the US were delayed.

This has just appeared on the BBC website: Royal Mail 'cyber incident' hits overseas post so those waiting for discs sent via Royal Mail may have a longer wait

Random stuff: April 2010

THE GHOST IN THE MACHINE???????

When you realize how much our day to day life depends on information being passed around digitally from computer to computer, you also realize the epic, literal, meltdown our world would experience if something happened to bring it all down. Even scarier when there are people out there trying to make that very thing happen. Let's hope the resolution is quick.
Just wait until 2030...a lot of Y2K "remediation" consisted of simply moving the problem out until then.

I'm still waiting for my last DV order, it usually doesn't take this long! At least it is nice to see that I'm not alone, I'll have to be patient a bit longer.
I’m still receiving christmas cards, all of them posted at least a week before the 25th, was starting to think nobody liked me 😜

A package that I've been waiting on from Burning Shed that was in the possession of the Royal Mail service on January 7th has finally made its way to New York. That only took three weeks! Hopefully that means that I will have it in the next couple of days. And hopefully this means that they have resolved all of the problems from their cyber attacks. Those next SDE discs are supposed to ship soon!

A package that I've been waiting on from Burning Shed that was in the possession of the Royal Mail service on January 7th has finally made its way to New York. That only took three weeks! Hopefully that means that I will have it in the next couple of days. And hopefully this means that they have resolved all of the problems from their cyber attacks. Those next SDE discs are supposed to ship soon!
I also received a message today from a discogs seller I bought an item from, saying:

"Royal Mail have reinstated some of their international shipments, but not yet standard airmail."

That flushing sound you hear is my Gilbert O’Sullivan SDE Series disc (shipped Jan. 10) arriving at a sorting facility in Flushing, NY 🫠

Back