Power amp purchase

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, what are they?
An older Classe mono amp. Smoking deal on them way back. I was at the right place at the right time for once in my life. Its a looong story that I wont bore you guys with. But - like said - I love em but royal pain

Sorry to derail, Gene you are going to love that new amp. Especially once it gets a few hours of run time on it

Last edited:
An older Classe mono amp. Smoking deal on them way back. I was at the right place at the right time for once in my life. Its a looong story that I wont bore you guys with. But - like said - I love em but royal pain

Sorry to derail, Gene you are going to love that new amp. Especially once in gets a few hours of run time on it
You beat me to it. I was close. I was going to say steam powered Class A amps from Lirpa Labs.

The problem is, I like to listen at ridiculously high volume at times...this is where the issue was.
High volume or large listening room/space requires the right combination of gear to sound its best. If you could hear the loss in clarity at higher volume on the old amp then an amp upgrade was definitely the right move.

Reactions: GOS
So I have a 3300 and have to use it with my Klipsch as I am down to one combo set up for all sound. There is no doubt my integrated tube amp (Jolida 1501RC with Brimar tubes which I'm ready to sell as I can't use it) produced a less fatiguing listen at all volumes levels so I find this thread of interest. I looked at Anthem but could go this way but what do I use as a preamp? I believe using the "pure audio" setting on my Oppo 205 does help a bit. Fortunately, I can still use my Jolida cd player for redbook playback.
What sort of preamp are you looking for? A phono preamp is a lot different than a preamp-processor. BTW, your 205 should be outstanding for RBCDs.

Back