Preamp mechanical prototype first look

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overture

QQ Supporter
Greetings all,

Firstly a quick update - we have a date on the Surround Master V3 metalwork of June 17, hopefully that means the currently pre-ordered units go out within a week of that, but as usual I'll update further if there is any more news.

Meanwhile, thought you might like a look at the first physical prototype of the Pre-amp. It's not functional by a long shot (This is a sore point with Chucky, but I need minions if I'm going to be doing the work of more than one person - plus the DSP and codec ICs are still a ways off resuming production post-covid), the front and back plates are 3D printed, the front buttons need to be elongated, no printing, yada yada yada. Please enjoy, with a bonus pic of me sporting my new Russian Overlord look.

PXL_20230531_031459845_resize.jpg

PXL_20230531_031523015_resize.jpg

PXL_20230531_040111914_resize.jpg

Peace, love and balalaikas.
Until next time, comrades.

Reminds me of other names I had in previous companies. I had an inverter company we had 3 models
Lf120.........little fu#$er 120
BF250..........Big Fu#$er 250
MOAF 500...Mother of all FU#$ers 500

It is also rumoured that the Australian bra manufacturer HESTIA came from
Holds Every SIzed Tit In Australia.

Or how about FIAT........Fix It Again Tony

Or FORD.........Fix Or Repair Daily

Greetings all,

Firstly a quick update - we have a date on the Surround Master V3 metalwork of June 17, hopefully that means the currently pre-ordered units go out within a week of that, but as usual I'll update further if there is any more news.

Meanwhile, thought you might like a look at the first physical prototype of the Pre-amp. It's not functional by a long shot (This is a sore point with Chucky, but I need minions if I'm going to be doing the work of more than one person - plus the DSP and codec ICs are still a ways off resuming production post-covid), the front and back plates are 3D printed, the front buttons need to be elongated, no printing, yada yada yada. Please enjoy, with a bonus pic of me sporting my new Russian Overlord look.

View attachment 92190

View attachment 92191

View attachment 92192

You're the Andrei Rublev of surround sound.....

I want a quad preamp for my car setup. I have the Involve board and a Q8 player installed, but no balance or tone control for the Involve and have to unplug when I want to switch. Also would be nice to have phase blend control for pre-synth. Would the preamp work in the car with a step down transformer?

I want a quad preamp for my car setup. I have the Involve board and a Q8 player installed, but no balance or tone control for the Involve and have to unplug when I want to switch. Also would be nice to have phase blend control for pre-synth. Would the preamp work in the car with a step down transformer?
Yes it would work but the issue is hum/ noise so you tend to need input isolation transformers

Greetings all,

View attachment 92190

View attachment 92191

View attachment 92192

Which are the inputs for the CD-4 decoder?

Oh that's right.
The original name for your favorite little blue eyed monster....the SM was

GERTRUDE

Named after the duck in the movie Journey to the center of the earth
But poor Gertrude got eaten. :(
I'm going to suggest "Darth Vader" as the internal name for the product during development.
Your legal person will cut you off at the pass because Lord Vader‘s copyright lawyers are with The Dark Side. But you did clarify that it’s ‘internal.’

But poor Gertrude got eaten. :(

Your legal person will cut you off at the pass because Lord Vader‘s copyright lawyers are with The Dark Side. But you did clarify that it’s ‘internal.’
Yes Gertrude did become dinner. I never liked the remake of Journey to the center of the earth ....it lacked Gertrude and the big Icelander (and everything else for that matter). Loved Rick Wakeman's album!

Last edited:
Yes Gertrude did become dinner. I never liked the remake of Journey to the center of the earth ....it lacked Gertrude and the big Icelander (and everything else for that matter). Loved Rick Wakeman's album!
Rick absolutely hated the movie, because it had very little to do with the book. His recordings (I suggest you check out the expanded version) are generally true to the original.

I presume the backordered Surround Master V3s did not ship on the 26th?

Back