PREVIEW: Written and arranged in Quad from the start. XI: BLEED HERE NOW by ...and you will know us by the Trail of Dead

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the quadraphonic mix isn't presented in a 5.1 container, some Blu-Ray players will only play the front channels. This was a widely-complained about issue with the Chicago and Doobie Brothers Quadio sets.
Okay, thanks, the only ones i’ve had problems with are the PF Immersion ones, all other quads are great, it’s good to know for the future though, nothing is coming out of the centre but there is from the sub so it’s actually playing 4.1!

Okay, thanks, the only ones i’ve had problems with are the PF Immersion ones, all other quads are great, it’s good to know for the future though, nothing is coming out of the centre but there is from the sub so it’s actually playing 4.1!
Thx for checking the record out!

As noted by the keen folks before, there is some best practices to get these things to work most everywhere. Regarding the LFE/sub, most receivers usually just cross over frequencies below a set frequency depending on how you're set up. Even Atmos mixes going through a sonos system do this by default even if I don't have my mix using the sub. I think this is a good thing for the playback system to be calibrated to the speakers and/or room for optimum playback.

Related fun fact, even when you play quadraphonic vinyl (all mixed, mastered and encoded in quad) through an surround/immersive receiver it can actually render out to as many channels as your receiver is set up. For instance, I once heard one of my quad mixes in 7.1.2. Though I do prefer discrete quad playback, it was surprisingly accurate and the vocal that I had panned to the phantom center was nearly perfectly discrete through the center channel. Very impressive how the matrix encoding and decoding holds up.

Thx for checking the record out!

As noted by the keen folks before, there is some best practices to get these things to work most everywhere. Regarding the LFE/sub, most receivers usually just cross over frequencies below a set frequency depending on how you're set up. Even Atmos mixes going through a sonos system do this by default even if I don't have my mix using the sub. I think this is a good thing for the playback system to be calibrated to the speakers and/or room for optimum playback.

Related fun fact, even when you play quadraphonic vinyl (all mixed, mastered and encoded in quad) through an surround/immersive receiver it can actually render out to as many channels as your receiver is set up. For instance, I once heard one of my quad mixes in 7.1.2. Though I do prefer discrete quad playback, it was surprisingly accurate and the vocal that I had panned to the phantom center was nearly perfectly discrete through the center channel. Very impressive how the matrix encoding and decoding holds up.
Thanks for replying, I bought the album because of this forum, had never heard the band before today so it was an eye opener, very different and hard to describe, even though they sound nothing like the doobie brothers i’d say they were similar in that they dont have a genre or type of music, pity they havent more surround sound albums or i’d have to buy them all 👍

Thanks for replying, I bought the album because of this forum, had never heard the band before today so it was an eye opener, very different and hard to describe, even though they sound nothing like the doobie brothers i’d say they were similar in that they dont have a genre or type of music, pity they havent more surround sound albums or i’d have to buy them all 👍
Great description. Thank you for listening. They are a must-see live concert too.

Back