PREVIEW: Written and arranged in Quad from the start. XI: BLEED HERE NOW by ...and you will know us by the Trail of Dead

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely love Madonna and still listen to it once in a while but haven't kept up with the band in years. Those two songs sounded great. If there's a surround release (preferably physical) I'd be ecstatic to get it!

Also, the band asked me share this with you all. It's not really something to share around but we figure if someone lands on this forum, then they can be trusted to be supportive on some level. Not sure how long it will stay up but...

Discrete quad of the 2 songs that are out.
No Confidence
Salt in Your Eyes

You all have golden ears, so let us know what you think. Also, they are starting to talk to film folks. Once you hear the whole record, you'll understand. Super filmic. I'm excited to hear these quad mixes in films one day!
Excellent, comes over great in Quad, four corners of nice in your face but melodic rock!

I did have one issue, I had to convert the .wav to .flac to get my Amp/Oppo to play correctly. As a Quad .wav I only got the front speakers not all 4. The Amp/Oppo happily plays PCM in Quad from disc or from my network NAS, so I've discovered my audio system doesn't like Quad .wavs!

Also, the band asked me share this with you all. It's not really something to share around but we figure if someone lands on this forum, then they can be trusted to be supportive on some level. Not sure how long it will stay up but...

Discrete quad of the 2 songs that are out.
No Confidence
Salt in Your Eyes

You all have golden ears, so let us know what you think. Also, they are starting to talk to film folks. Once you hear the whole record, you'll understand. Super filmic. I'm excited to hear these quad mixes in films one day!

Thanks for sharing the files, the quad mixes and recording quality sound great.
No need for that extra x.1 LFE thump.

Excellent, comes over great in Quad, four corners of nice in your face but melodic rock!

I did have one issue, I had to convert the .wav to .flac to get my Amp/Oppo to play correctly. As a Quad .wav I only got the front speakers not all 4. The Amp/Oppo happily plays PCM in Quad from disc or from my network NAS, so I've discovered my audio system doesn't like Quad .wavs!

Same for me
Use my Sony X800 disc spinner USB port for this kind of stuff.
Those 24/96 .wav files are huge.
Off a memory stick they wouldn't play, but converted to flac & re-sampled to 16/48 work great & take up less space.
YMMV
:51QQ

Thanks for sharing the files, the quad mixes and recording quality sound great.
No need for that extra x.1 LFE thump.

Same for me
Use my Sony X800 disc spinner USB port for this kind of stuff.
Those 24/96 .wav files are huge.
Off a memory stick they wouldn't play, but converted to flac & re-sampled to 16/48 work great & take up less space.
YMMV
:51QQ
Thank you for listening everyone!

It's here (in Euroland, at least)!
ToD_XI_BleedHereNow_0522_1140-450.jpg

https://www.insideoutshop.de/Item/A...ED_HERE_NOW_-Ltd-_CD-Blu-ray_Mediabook-/16981https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/de...trail-of-dead-xi-bleed-here-now/hnum/10938304

There are a couple of tracks out now before the full album release on July 15th. It's the 11th record by the band ...and you will know us by the Trail of Dead and if you're not familiar with them, back in 2002 the (in)famous website Pitchfork gave their album a 10 out of 10 review. This is one of only 11 albums in the history of the site to get a 10 of 10 and there is actually a great recent retrospective on the 20th anniversary of the album.

Back then I was working at Interscope Records in the "New Media" department which at the time pretty much meant the "miscellaneous" department, we primary focused on the web in the pre-youtube, google, facebook, pretty much anything era. Specifically for Trail of Dead, I was the person who handled their actual source tags & codes (I ran their website). Coincidentally, this is also about the same time that I also was making 5.1 DVD-Audio and SACDs with Beck and Nine Inch Nails among others...

The band and I all became fast friends and 20 years later, I got to work on a record with them on this record.
It's in QUARK/Regular Matrix Quadraphonic, like my others and also up in Atmos and Sony 360ra (maybe only in Europe for the Sony one... not sure).

Though I didn't officially "produce" this one, I had a good hand in making it what it is. My official credit is co-mastering engineer with my usual partner in crime Scott Sedillo at Bernie Grundman Mastering.

I'm very proud of this and one thing to be aware of is unlike most of the Atmos and other surround releases out there this was actually written and arranged in quad. There is lots of love and true immersive artistic intent on this album. It's quite unique.

I'll probably post again in July but in the meantime, I'd love your ears on it with your feedback.

More info here (with links to pre-order vinyl and digital listening)
Lyric Video here.
Very cool 😎
Got an email from Burning Shed today for pre-order & plan to get the blu-ray.
P.S. - were you in NYC or LA with Interscope?

Back