HiRez Poll Primus - SAILING THE SEAS OF CHEESE [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Primus - SAILING THE SEAS OF CHEESE

• 5:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
Hi Frogmort, Yep I was expecting a phenomenal amount of bass so you can understand my disappointment! ;)

I've tried both the 5.1 LPCM and 5.1 TrueHD on both Blu-ray players that I own via HDMI and in every instance they behave incorrectly as described above. If I go analogue out from the BD650 to the amp the mapping is still incorrect but I do get something coming out of the sub which is VERY quiet and sounds full range from what I can tell. The seller even sent another copy and that is the same...

It is a complete mystery, any other audio disc, movie disc or file plays flawlessly as it always has so I can only conclude it is a faulty batch of discs, although I can't find anything about faulty discs on Google or on QQ. Unfortunately I haven't got a Blu-ray in my PC either so I can't even try and diagnose it that way...

I've started a return now, maybe I'll have more luck if I try and get the US version, or maybe even the DVD version if it comes to that...
Yes there appears to be a major channel assignment problem with the EU version of this title; Barcode #0602537316656.

See the Primus thread here for more info. Believe the U.S. versions are correct though.

I'm unable to attempt a vote until I get a U.S. version.

I think this is a reference quality 5.1 mix. Great fidelity, plenty of discrete elements in the rears, lots of expansion, quite a bit of panning and very immersive. I have not been a Primus fan, but getting this BD is changing that; just liastened to Chocolate Factory for the 1st time and love that one too. Despite being a Primus neophyte, I really like this music. It's different in a good way. Very evocative sound, very humorous lyrics. And I love the visuals from the blue button- very spacey, add a lot to my enjoyment/immersion. A definite 10 for me!

Back