Primus - Sailing The Seas Of Cheese to be released in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Primus got booed by many Rush fans when they opened up for them. I think it was the Roll The Bones tour. Some fans also booed the "rap" part of the song Roll The Bones. Primus Sucks! and they certainly aren't for everyone.
I grew up listening to Primus. Have every album, and adore every note I have ever heard from Les's magical bass guitar, even with The Claypool Lennon Delirium. He is probably my favorite bass player.
Yes, it was the Roll the Bones tour. I saw the show in Vancouver. I had never heard Primus before, but I loved them and became an immediate fan. My wife, on the other hand, was less than thrilled, and agreed with the Primus Sucks proclamation. LOL! I've seen them many times since, including front row for the Claypool Lennon Delirium, where I stood right in front of Les. He's one of my favorite bass players as well.

I like a lot of Rush's music (pretty much everything on their 2nd volume of Greatest Hits) but I'm no fan of the album Roll the Bones so there's a certain irony there to me in Rush fans booing Primus during that tour.

Not every song by every artist is the bees knees...except perhaps to fanatics. I similarly don't care for every Primus song ever made. If that makes fans of either group angry, it's their problem not mine.

Yes, it was the Roll the Bones tour. I saw the show in Vancouver. I had never heard Primus before, but I loved them and became an immediate fan. My wife, on the other hand, was less than thrilled, and agreed with the Primus Sucks proclamation. LOL! I've seen them many times since, including front row for the Claypool Lennon Delirium, where I stood right in front of Les. He's one of my favorite bass players as well.
That was the first concert I took my wife to, but neither of us remember Primus. Honestly, I was barely aware of them at the time, so we might have arrived late.

Damn, I saw Rush Bones tour in Normal, IL.......if Primus was warmup....I certainly do not remember them.

I saw them in germany as opening act for Rush and the audience was booing too. Primus left the stage after 20 minutes and I was fucked off by the audience. No tolerance at all.
I thought prog fans would be more open to other kinds of music.....nope

Damn, I saw Rush Bones tour in Normal, IL.......if Primus was warmup....I certainly do not remember them.

According to this, Eric Johnson opened that show.

One of the tours I saw Rush, pretty sure it was Roll The Bones, there was surround sound for the special effect sounds. I clearly remember it, although I also remember it was rarely used and contained only pre-recorded sounds.

I have the version with barcode 0602537316656. But mine doesn't clearly says where is it made. Only that is distributed by Interscope Records in the USA.
IMG_2115.jpg

After ripping the tracks, I see that the center channel is ok. See below for the 1st track.
2021-04-09.png

Is this the good disc?

I have the version with barcode 0602537316656. But mine doesn't clearly says where is it made. Only that is distributed by Interscope Records in the USA.
View attachment 65723

After ripping the tracks, I see that the center channel is ok. See below for the 1st track.
View attachment 65722

Is this the good disc?
Yes that’s the US version! Did you buy it recently?

I have the lossy DVD~V with DD 5.1.

So is this BD~A/CD from AmazonUS THE ONE TO BUY?

https://www.amazon.com/Sailing-Chee...00BX8MM3Q/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Seems like a crapshoot. I got the US version but many did not, as posted above. If you wanna give it a try, the nice thing is that Amazon's returns are super-easy- at least in my experience. Don't even have to re-package; just take it to UPS store and have them scan the barcode. They take care of everything.

That was the first concert I took my wife to, but neither of us remember Primus. Honestly, I was barely aware of them at the time, so we might have arrived late.

According to Rush.net on the Presto Tour - Mr. Big was the main opening band with Voivod on a few dates.
On the Roll The Bones Tour Eric Johnson opened at the start of the tour, Andy Curran opened a few shows in Canada, then Vinnie Moore opened at the New England shows, and Primus opened for a chunk of shows from Jan to May 3rd followed by Mr Big from May 3rd to the end in late June.

I saw them on Presto tour but not on RTB. I am a Rush fanatic. There are two albums that never did it for me... Presto and RTB. I guess I just didn't like the direction they had taken. I liked every other album and probably saw them 20+ times during their career.

According to Rush.net on the Presto Tour - Mr. Big was the main opening band with Voivod on a few dates.
On the Roll The Bones Tour Eric Johnson opened at the start of the tour, Andy Curran opened a few shows in Canada, then Vinnie Moore opened at the New England shows, and Primus opened for a chunk of shows from Jan to May 3rd followed by Mr Big from May 3rd to the end in late June.

I saw them on Presto tour but not on RTB. I am a Rush fanatic. There are two albums that never did it for me... Presto and RTB. I guess I just didn't like the direction they had taken. I liked every other album and probably saw them 20+ times during their career.
I checked the way-back machine, and Primus was in fact the opening act at the concert we went to. I'm not a Rush fanatic, but I have been a fan since their first album. They were very popular here in San Antonio, and I saw them several times in the Seventies and Eighties. They did lose me for a few albums, but I was kind of introducing my wife to Rock in the early Nineties, so we went and enjoyed the concert.

My taste in music has broadened somewhat since then to include bands like Primus (and classical and jazz!), so I regret not experiencing/remembering Primus in their, well, prime.

Seems like a crapshoot. I got the US version but many did not, as posted above. If you wanna give it a try, the nice thing is that Amazon's returns are super-easy- at least in my experience. Don't even have to re-package; just take it to UPS store and have them scan the barcode. They take care of everything.
I returned mine and they credited my account and told me not to bother with a physical return.

I now have an issue. I want the BRD ripped to MKV so it can be played back in 5.1 and viewed with the associated visualizations. I do have a FLAC rip of the correct US BRD, so I need to combine the MKA EU video track with the FLAC audio....

A new adventure. This album is worth it though. :cool:

I returned mine and they credited my account and told me not to bother with a physical return.

I now have an issue. I want the BRD ripped to MKV so it can be played back in 5.1 and viewed with the associated visualizations. I do have a FLAC rip of the correct US BRD, so I need to combine the MKA EU video track with the FLAC audio....

A new adventure. This album is worth it though. :cool:

If the track times are the same, MKVToolNix should be an easy process.
Simply rip blu-ray to mkv (MakeMKV).
Open mkv with MKVToolNix.
Manipulate tracks (remove mkv audio, add ripped flac's).

So, to be clear, it doesn't matter what the bar code is (mine is 602537316656)? What matters is that the top right of the case's back doesn't say "Made in EU" (mine doesn't say that)?

No- it seems even some Made in EU discs are correct as well (as stated in posts above)- though the bad ones all seem to be made in EU. The only way to be sure is to listen.

Back