Primus - Sailing The Seas Of Cheese to be released in 5.1

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

ergalthema

No- it seems even some Made in EU discs are correct as well (as stated in posts above)- though the bad ones all seem to be made in EU. The only way to be sure is to listen.
What specifically would I listen for? (More specific than "the center sounds weird")

ProgRules

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I've only heard the correct version so I can't help you there. All I can say is the correct version is an awesome surround mix! But I'm sure someone will be along soon to help.

LuvMyQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
What specifically would I listen for? (More specific than "the center sounds weird")
See post #139. The 1st track will have a weak left front and no LFE at all. You will have to turn off bass management to check the LFE as well.

cbmmm3

701 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Friday my Primus arrived. Today it has an Amazon returns mailing label on it. Dammit. Luck of the draw I guess, and I drew the short straw

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
The way I'm seeing this situation is that it's currently not available in the usual places like discogs, Amazon, eBay etc. at a reasonable price for the correct versions.
I see four potential versions in discogs - with probably the correct mix on both the US and EU DVD versions and the US BD version; the EU BD being the questionable one.

US -DVD

EU-DVD

US-BD

EU-BD

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
With all this appearing in the thread, now out of curiosity I'll have to try and listen to this again, I never got the music did nothing for me (I cringed), but the mix was good.

LuvMyQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
If you think Seas of Cheese is difficult to get into... Try Prinal and the Chocolate Factory.... Primus doing The Candy Man is down right creepy....

Bill B

LOL! I tried to force myself to like Primus.....and it doesn't work.
Haha,,, I am attempting to do the same thing. Mine just came Saturday. From the quick listen I just gave it, it will be challenging. But it was relatively cheap and it won't be the first time I bought one that only gets listened to once.

ProgRules

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Personally, I can't see how if you really like bass guitar you wouldn't enjoy this album to some extent. I'm not a Primus fan- this is the only one of theirs I have, though Chocolate factory is on the way- but I find Claypool's bass playing amazing. That alone could bring me lots of enjoyment, but I like the whole sound.

Interesting to see how I respond to the Chocolate, if it's that challenging. At least I won't have to overcome familiarity with the originals, since I never saw the movie.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Personally, I can't see how if you really like bass guitar you wouldn't enjoy this album to some extent. I'm not a Primus fan- this is the only one of theirs I have, though Chocolate factory is on the way- but I find Claypool's bass playing amazing. That alone could bring me lots of enjoyment, but I like the whole sound.

Interesting to see how I respond to the Chocolate, if it's that challenging. At least I won't have to overcome familiarity with the originals, since I never saw the movie.
I think that was the one part of the music I liked! he is a good Bass player