Prince And The Revolution "Live" 2CD/1BD set (NPG/Legacy) (6/3/2022)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap! That's amazing, incredible, and awesome to have seen Prince TWICE during the Purple Rain tour! May I ask where they were? And how did they compare to the Syracuse performance?

The last time Prince came to my area was in '98. I really wanted to go but I was in the grips of anxiety about attending. I figured I was just too old, too square, and too white to fit in with what I was sure a glamorous funky audience. What a fool I was. I mean, just look at this set list:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/prince/1998/kemper-arena-kansas-city-mo-73d9ae1d.html
Not sure if NPG was with him or he had moved on to something else by then.

The two Prince concerts I saw back in 1985 were both at the Nassau Colosseum, NY. Both shows were awesome and just about as good as the Syracuse Concert that was used for Live 1985. The first show I saw that week had the same setlist as the Syracuse show while the second added "Raspberry Beret" & "America" to the show.

The two Prince concerts I saw back in 1985 were both at the Nassau Colosseum, NY. Both shows were awesome and just about as good as the Syracuse Concert that was used for Live 1985. The first show I saw that week had the same setlist as the Syracuse show while the second added "Raspberry Beret" & "America" to the show.

Yessss... that's the only thing that would have made the Syracuse concert even more perfect: the inclusion of Raspberry Beret. Fortunately I have Prince DVD greatest hits compilation that has that song, and so much more:

https://www.discogs.com/release/2730730-Prince-The-Hits-Collection
And cuz of your post I had that song on my brain & had to enjoy that disc again. Highly recommended purchase, even if it is easy to tell it's derived from interlaced composite video.

And one thing leads to another. The song brought back memories of a TV show with Prince in it. I happened across it purely at random 1st time it was shown on TV. I watched it a 2nd time just now. And if you have about 30 mins to spare today this is fantastic fun to watch all te way through:

Was never able to get into Prince... Can definitely appreciate his talents as a musician but I've always felt the music that I have heard seems very "shouty" and "amelodious" if that makes sense. I've always liked "Purple Rain" (the song) though; used to put it on at closing time every night back when I was a bartender.

Watching/listening to this new release in Dolby Atmos, sound is great, not discrete at all, just immersive, but with Dolby Atmos that is at least one of the points.
Disappointed with the video, it is advertised as restored, Blah, blah, blah, man the original must have looked like crap. The live concert release , the very last one in the big Prince box set was better, except for the GoPro moments on drummer.
I think when I rip this I will rip the 5.1 only for the car, and save the hard disc for home if I ever watch again.

Watching/listening to this new release in Dolby Atmos, sound is great, not discrete at all, just immersive, but with Dolby Atmos that is at least one of the points.
Disappointed with the video, it is advertised as restored, Blah, blah, blah, man the original must have looked like crap. The live concert release , the very last one in the big Prince box set was better, except for the GoPro moments on drummer.
I think when I rip this I will rip the 5.1 only for the car, and save the hard disc for home if I ever watch again.
Recently watched with my wife who’s a huge Prince fan. Concur that the video is barely passable! Audio makes up for the weak video in my opinion! It was the 90s after all!

Back