Problems playing MKA files

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Radsen

Thanks @Radsen

I've added you comment to the Kodi bug report. 19.3 has been released without the progressbar/duration timer fix. I missed the cut-off. (19..4 hopefully for the fix).

Goes to show users need to report a Kodi bug or it won't get fixed. Not surprising at all.

I thought I'd reported this ages ago but it turns out I did but the 'fix' then was to change my 4K TV refresh rate in Kodi. That fix worked back then but not with recent Kodi releases and I'd forgot to report the 'new' bug a second time!
Thanks for your efforts and all the Kodi peeps.

pat bateman

QQ Supporter
19.3 is completely broken for me.
Thanks @Radsen

I've added your comment to the Kodi bug report. 19.3 has been released without the progressbar/duration timer fix. I missed the cut-off. (19..4 hopefully for the fix).

Goes to show users need to report a Kodi bug or it won't get fixed. Not surprising at all.

I thought I'd reported this ages ago but it turns out I did but the 'fix' then was to change my 4K TV refresh rate in Kodi. That fix worked back then but not with recent Kodi releases and I'd forgot to report the 'new' bug a second time!
I was looking for a solution to this other problem, and I see you posted this on Kodi's forums a couple years ago. Did you ever find a solution for this? Driving me crazy! Nevermind!I I found your tool. Tinkering with it now! Thank you for the effort!

I have the INXS - Kick 30 Atmos Blu-Ray album which I used to create mka files containing the Dolby TrueHD + Atmos track. I tagged these using mp3tag program. Scanned using Kodi 18.2. They appeared in the Kodi audio library (tagged as ‘Kick 30’ but the album name in Kodi was ‘Singles’).

Last edited:

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
Kodi doesn’t read Matroska Audio (.mka) files track tags. Kodi uses a platform independent tagging library TagLib. This doesn’t read track tags.

The solution is to use MPEG Audio (.m4a) files. These use a standard tagging system that Kodi reads.

Music Media Helper can convert existing .mka files to m4a. It actually copies the Atmos stream to the .m4a files so lossless and fast. Kodi plays them with very near gapless playback on my Intel NUCs. MMH can tag them too.