Problems with SQ/QS decoding in Audition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClarkNovak

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
Guys, I have tried and tried to make the routines posted in the SQ and QS decoding threads work, but I can't! :confused:

With each decoding script, Audition opens the first file and then sits there... and sits there... and does nothing. Nothing at all. I can't make them work! I am running Audition 1.0 with an Audigy 2ZS card under WinXP. Any help would be highly appreciated - I'm about to go nuts!

Clark

I'm using Audition 1.5 and have found Winopener's script to be great (though I have to change phase on the rears after the script runs). I'll let someone who knows more give the definitive answer, but maybe you need v1.5. One small thing, I have to run the script 3 times, the first two times the program shuts itself down. Being a long time Windows user, I'm used to such things.

I've tried both scripts, mine and winopener's.
First, you must have AA1.5 (I'm sure that some functionality misses in the 1.0 version)
Second, for winopener's script you must have a c:\sq directory where to put two wave files named front.wav and rear.wav, both taken from the original sample (in fact they are exactly the same ;) ).
Third, in the case you are using Qs script I made, you must have a c:\qs directory where to put front and rear.wav (just as sq script).

funny thing, both winopener and me are italian. As Madonna said "Italians do it better"

;) Ciao!

BananaSlug said:
I'm using Audition 1.5 and have found Winopener's script to be great (though I have to change phase on the rears after the script runs).

What phase changes do you use ?

Thanks
Samuel

ClarkNovak said:
I am running Audition 1.0 with an Audigy 2ZS card under WinXP. Any help would be highly appreciated - I'm about to go nuts!
Clark

Adobe Audition 1.0 does NOT have the Center Channel Extractor function with which the out-of-phase audio is removed. Without this function you can only decode SQ to a non-logic point, which has very little front to back separation.

Samuel

ClarkNovak said:
Guys, I have tried and tried to make the routines posted in the SQ and QS decoding threads work, but I can't! :confused:

With each decoding script, Audition opens the first file and then sits there... and sits there... and does nothing. Nothing at all. I can't make them work! I am running Audition 1.0 with an Audigy 2ZS card under WinXP. Any help would be highly appreciated - I'm about to go nuts!

Clark

The scripts won't work with Audition 1.0.

sam77aus said:
What phase changes do you use ?

Thanks
Samuel

from a PM from Winopener - 'After the decoding, apply a +90 on rearleft and -90 at rearright and it's ok.'

I used his script on an SQ encoded cd file and had great results. From the sweet spot it sounded completely discreet.

Well, I needed to upgrade to Audition 1.5. Once I did that, the scripts run like a charm!

Kudos to Winopener, Lucano and everyone else who sussed out the process! I just ran the SQ script on a sample from the O'Jays' "Message In The Music" and it worked flawlessly! :woopie

Clark

BananaSlug said:
from a PM from Winopener - 'After the decoding, apply a +90 on rearleft and -90 at rearright and it's ok.'

I used his script on an SQ encoded cd file and had great results. From the sweet spot it sounded completely discreet.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Samuel

Back