HiRez Poll Propaganda - A SECRET WISH [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Propaganda - A SECRET WISH

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Fantastic 5.1 mix on this... Really nice discrete mix that matches the music perfectly. Great album too... I love the juxtaposition of Jewel/Duel having different elements but in effect the same melody. Very clever... Vorsprung durch Technik! A defo 10!
wowzers.. i remember this one coming across like some kinda upmix 😱 better give it another airing, i was clearly mistaken! 🀯

1st track has a nifty wee plink-plonk/dink-donk/plink-plonk/dink-donk glockenspiel/percussive effect panning round the room, the bulk of the music itself, drums, bass, vocals are static, it all feels a lot like double stereo.. at the very least there's a lot of front to back replication.. kinda similar style to the Groove Armada mixes in a way.. feels Surround-y but is it, really πŸ€”

edit vorspunk durch technik : musically = love it 🀀❀️

edit von wank sputnik : track 2 has this synth stab popping up around the room. i've got the cut of their mixing gib now, gimmicky Surround-y but a lorra fun! i'm so glad this renewed spotlight on the SACD coincided with my rediscovery of Sauvignon Blanc, it makes everything much more Multichannelish like wot this isπŸ₯‚πŸ₯³

edit kraftwerk von tangerine dreamundblast : after all the treble-rolled orf Apple Atmos streaming wotz aye been doin of late, this here SACD is effing BRIGHT on the ol' lugholes! yikes-a-rama πŸ˜…

Last edited:
wowzers.. i remember this one coming across like some kinda upmix
I think it got banded with the Daft - Art Of Noise release.... which unfortunately is an upmix - even though there's so much scope for a great surround mix on that album... Ridiculous release... πŸ™„
edit von wank sputnik : track 2 has this synth stab popping up around the room. i've got the cut of their mixing gib now, gimmicky Surround-y but a lorra fun! i'm so glad this renewed spotlight on the SACD coincided with my rediscovery of Sauvignon Blanc, it makes everything much more Multichannelish like wot this isπŸ₯‚πŸ₯³
"Von Wank Sputnik"... πŸ˜‚ Very clever old bean... Could be a good contender for xxxPropaganda's next SDE Atmos release?! Yeah, I feel ya... A nice glass of vino does help a listening sesh, but all in moderation, which ain't always easy with all the crazy situ-a-schuuns life can spring up sometimes. Good music always helps...:) In the best possible taste...πŸ·πŸ‘―β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘―β€β™‚οΈ

I think it got banded with the Daft - Art Of Noise release.... which unfortunately is an upmix - even though there's so much scope for a great surround mix on that album... Ridiculous release... πŸ™„

"Von Wank Sputnik"... πŸ˜‚ Very clever old bean... Could be a good contender for xxxPropaganda's next SDE Atmos release?! Yeah, I feel ya... A nice glass of vino does help a listening sesh, but all in moderation, which ain't always easy with all the crazy situ-a-schuuns life can spring up sometimes. Good music always helps...:) In the best possible taste...πŸ·πŸ‘―β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘―β€β™‚οΈ
oops.. i think it might've got banded/XPropaganda-branded by little ol' moi πŸ€­πŸ˜…

ah well, thanks to you wonderfully prompting the revisit (and let's not forget the restorative powers of Chardonnay 🍷 ) it's getting an "8" to carry that weight ✌️

Interestingly, this is a complete counterpoint of my loving of quad transfers over any 5.1 mixes. Anyone can toss a multichannel reverb on a single source and BIM, multichannel.
This is probably the first album I hear in 5.1 that sounds more produced and more massive sounding than its stereo counterpart, that was already as a stellar Trevor Horn production can be. I casted a 9 only because some movements are a bit overdone and musically unnecessary. Like the mandatory plunging into a tunnel of 3D movies.
Really, at a good level, Murder of Love can behead you.

Last edited:
Back