• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Pulling Threads

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Jim the Oldbie

800 Club - QQ All-Star
Howdy Folks. (Please read quickly, this may not be around long.)

The other day I made a silly comment here about a cartoon bear's butthole (or rather, lack of same). Obviously it wasn't really necessary, but I thought it was funny, and in the context of the thread it seemed pretty innocuous. Others seemed to agree.

Apparently one of the (new? old?) mods disagreed, and yoinked my comment and its replies from the thread. No explanation, no warning. No big deal either really, although a bit heavy-handed for such a silly post, I thought.

Shortly after I wondered aloud on this development, the Invisible Hand of God descended again and DELETED THE ENTIRE THREAD. Again, not a word of warning or explanation.

This is a shitty way to run a railroad. I hang out on various forums like this, and they all have mods that at will at least have the decency to explain what they're doing in these situations. Otherwise, we're all left to guess what exactly we even did that was so terrible. I mean, seriously? Cartoon bear? "Butthole"? Come on, man.

But the worst thing is, by erasing the entire thread, they managed to lose Clint Eastwood's first post to this forum in what, six months?? That is just unacceptable.

I'm out. Maybe I'll be back if the mod team grows a pair. Speaking of whom: They could easily make me look foolish by simply leaving this post up, or even (gasp!) allowing discussion on this topic! Will they figure that out? Tune in tomorrow...

- Jim

Jim the Oldbie

800 Club - QQ All-Star
That is not the thread I'm talking about. The thread I'm talking about can't be linked to, because it"s GONE.

The subject was similar, but was more specific, like Lockdown Listening Choices or something.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Howdy Folks. (Please read quickly, this may not be around long.)

The other day I made a silly comment here about a cartoon bear's butthole (or rather, lack of same). Obviously it wasn't really necessary, but I thought it was funny, and in the context of the thread it seemed pretty innocuous. Others seemed to agree.

Apparently one of the (new? old?) mods disagreed, and yoinked my comment and its replies from the thread. No explanation, no warning. No big deal either really, although a bit heavy-handed for such a silly post, I thought.

Shortly after I wondered aloud on this development, the Invisible Hand of God descended again and DELETED THE ENTIRE THREAD. Again, not a word of warning or explanation.

This is a shitty way to run a railroad. I hang out on various forums like this, and they all have mods that at will at least have the decency to explain what they're doing in these situations. Otherwise, we're all left to guess what exactly we even did that was so terrible. I mean, seriously? Cartoon bear? "Butthole"? Come on, man.

But the worst thing is, by erasing the entire thread, they managed to lose Clint Eastwood's first post to this forum in what, six months?? That is just unacceptable.

I'm out. Maybe I'll be back if the mod team grows a pair. Speaking of whom: They could easily make me look foolish by simply leaving this post up, or even (gasp!) allowing discussion on this topic! Will they figure that out? Tune in tomorrow...

- Jim
AND JIM, YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE

WE ALWAYS ENJOY YOUR POSTS

BESIDES, YOU'RE FAMILY!

doity

I had my all of my posting ‘privileges’ yanked from a site a year or so ago and never looked back. And I was a long standing member from darn near the beginning. I had a EBay transaction with someone on the board which was unbeknownst at the time that went bad. He opened up a return for a first generation CD player that was working just fine but it had quirks and I listed them. I had even had it serviced very recently and it looked brand new. I also included a video of it working to show I wasn’t hiding anything. It sold for a good chunk of change and it wasn’t cheap to ship.

He opened up a claim without even contacting me first and I was stuck with eating the costs, etc. As soon as I got it back I ran it with the CD included with the auction and it ran perfectly. I eventually relisted it and that buyer was very happy. But when I found out that the original buyer was a member of the board that I frequented I documented the transaction in the feedback section. Well the moderator came in after a few days and pulled the post and essentially sided with the other dude. Even though a majority of commenters either took my side or said that we were both at fault somewhat because I should had listed it as non-working (it wasn’t) but it did have a preference for only the oldest of compact discs for some reason.

I had made close to a thousand posts there over a 10 year period and never even had the whiff of any kind of controversy at all. I figured it was a losing cause arguing with the mod as he was being a real horses you know what and I just gave up and have never gone back.

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Jim
Nobody likes a coward who hid behind the mask of anonymity.
This is so wrong in many ways.
The mod needs to own up and clearly state why they felt their action was justified.

Please be assurred that you are a vital member of this family and more than ever we all need to support one another through these very difficult times.

Maybe my card is now marked for daring to criticise.
If so please the offended Mod pm me to resolve this amicably.

Stay safe and well my friends.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hey Jim, just know that many of us here have had “the perfect” post yanked (myself included) and I’ve just decided to wear it (like a fellow bad boy poster here “Ralphie”); sorta like a badge of honor. Sure I get pissed off for a bit; but all the great posting from our buddies here eventually softens me up and I move on. Lots more stuff to comment on and be a part of the party going forward. Heck maybe that mod just yanked it due to their own insecurities about some Bear 🐻 fetish of theirs and the fear they may need to “revisit” your post over and over again :unsure: Just know I saw your post and will remember it for a long time to come, in a non-sexual way of course.
Party on brother Jim, party 🎉 on:)

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Jim
Nobody likes a coward who hid behind the mask of anonymity.
This is so wrong in many ways.
The mod needs to own up and clearly state why they felt their action was justified.

Please be assurred that you are a vital member of this family and more than ever we all need to support one another through these very difficult times.

Maybe my card is now marked for daring to criticise.
If so please the offended Mod pm me to resolve this amicably.

Stay safe and well my friends.
It’s not a “family” it’s a business investment to make a profit on. Once you see that - it’s easier to swallow these odd deletions and shortened edit times and the things going on.

MCDave

300 Club - QQ All-Star
In other forums where a poster steps out of bounds, the typical response is a polite warning from a mod via a PM and maybe a post in the thread, citing the infraction. If the poster persists, perhaps a deletion of the offending post(s) is in order. But in all cases, the mod should send a PM, or post directly in the thread, with the reason for the deletion. While I wasn't following the thread in question, I can't imagine why it would be necessary to delete the whole thing.

beerking

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
It’s not a “family” it’s a business investment to make a profit on. Once you see that - it’s easier to swallow these odd deletions and shortened edit times and the things going on.
Yep fully aware of that...just referring to us who pay the 'owners' as a family of like minded souls.
Still don't make it right though.
The bit that really upset Jim was Clints deletion..
And I'm peeved to...
But as Pups said it goes on ..
Just needed to make, who ever carries out these deletions, aware that there are more mature ways of handling the situation.

But each to there own interpretation, not trying to make any trouble, just felt it was important to support a fellow QQ'r.