Q: Re-Sly & Family Stone "Hits"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
At the beginning of the track "Dance Dance Dance" (or whatever it's called), is there supposed to be a drum roll that spins around the room?

That's the one. Very cool, too, one of those effects that drives some listeners batty, but I always liked the occasional 'moving around the room' instrument or voice. Not really found that often in quad or 5.1 mixes, and unrealistic as hell, maybe that's why I like 'em!

ED :)

I have a version without the drum roll and wondered if it was an error. My Q8-to-PC conversion files have the drum roll, and I'm not sure about the SQ LP if it had it or not. Strange that it's not on this recording.

What about the stereo LP/Tape, was there a drum roll back and forth between the stereo speakers?

Really? I'd swear that surround effect is on the Q8, at the least, so it should be on the Lp edition, too. I'll check my vinyl when I get back home(on the road at the moment), and get back to you.

ED :)

Both my SQ LP and Q8 have it pan around, however on my stereo version on my PC the drums stay dead center.

Back