QQ Announcement: Soft Launch of the new Multichannel Downloads/Streaming forum (and expansion of Multichannel Media Players forum)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

steelydave

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
As I mentioned in the announcement last week we're working to streamline and upgrade the forum structure here at QQ. I'll probably do a more formal/comprehensive post when more of this work is complete, but I wanted to let everyone know that there's now a new forum dedicated solely to multichannel downloads and streaming releases/services just in case anyone was wondering where their posts had gone.

We've also expanded the scope of the Multichannel Media Players forum to include File Storage queries (ie things like NAS systems, USB hard drives, file servers, and so on) and disc ripping (BluRay, SACD, DVD-A/V) and file tagging threads.

The idea essentially is that anything related to music (albums, artists, releases, streaming services and their content etc.) goes in the Multichannel Downloads and Streaming forum, and anything related to hardware or software tech support type issues goes in the Multichannel Media Players, File Storage & Ripping forum.

So far, I've moved about 210 threads (probably the most obvious ones) into the new Downloads and Streaming forum. This is an ongoing process (so hopefully I'll find everything that needs to go there eventually) but if you see anything that obviously belongs there in another forum, feel free to report it (and put 'belongs in streaming and downloads' in the reason for reporting box) and you'll be making my life a little easier.

These are just the first couple of steps in a much larger plan, and I'll continue to post updates as progress is made.

HomerJAU

Moderator: MCH Media Players
Staff member
I am REALLY liking this restructuring so far! :SB Will we get a streaming and downloads poll section?

This has been discussed a while back by Moderators but no decision was made. The only issue being the work required to add and maintain new polls (Not trivial).

steelydave

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
I think (and what we've discussed in the mod forum as Homer has said) what we're hoping is that we can implement an automated system for creating these streaming/download polls because there are simply too many of them and too few hours in the day.

The priority right now is to try and get through some of the poll-creation backlog that exists for hirez surround physical releases and quad LPs/tapes (which @sjcorne has made great headway with already) and hopefully the mechanics for automating this process will resolve themselves in the interim.