• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

QQ Door Prize #70: Ian Cooke - The Flight I Flew CD/DVD (5.1) [CLOSED]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
SUNDAY: October 15, 2017

QQ Member 'popshop', Ian Dougherty, has graciously offered a copy of the new Ian Cooke release - The Flight I Flew - on CD/DVD as a QQ Door Prize

Ian Cooke Flight I Flew.jpg

Respond once to this thread (all subsequent posts will be deleted, so no commenting please), and we will use the magic QQ Excel Random Number Generator to pick the winner by post number sometime Sunday Evening, October 22, 2017. Ian will ship the discs directly to the winner. Drawing is open to all members and mods.

Ian said that he did the surround and instrumental mixes. Album and Instrumental Mixes are both in 5.1 DTS 48/24 and stereo 48/24. It was recorded at 48/24.

For more info on this release, check out https://iancooke.bandcamp.com/
For the lyric video here's a YouTube link: https://youtu.be/wF1bKATxo2I

Here's a blurb about the album, and credits:

Ian Cooke's fourth release, The Flight I Flew, is a full-circle album that began with The Fall I Fell, his premiere work from 10 years earlier. These new cosmos-inspired songs transcend from the unrequited love songs of his debut album to the personal struggle with love lost and then refound. Showcasing Cooke's signature cello, piano, and voice, this progressive folk pop album illustrates a battle with inner demons which led to an awakening of self and a realization of love.

Songwriting, cello, piano, and vocals by Ian Cooke.
Produced by Ian O'Dougherty.
Recorded & mixed by Ian O'Dougherty at Popshop.
Beam of Light mixed by Tom Payetta at Macy Sound Studios.
Fourth Eye and Sirens mixed by Jamie White.
Mastered by David Glasser at Airshow.
Photography by Amanda Tipton.
Art concept by Ian Cooke.
Layout and graphic design by Kevin Johnston.
Chris Jusell - violin, viola
Jamie White - percussion, ebow, banjo, melodica, vocals
Ian O'Dougherty - contrabass, ebow, percussion, editing
Whit Sibley - percussion
Tom Hagerman - violin, viola, arrangement on Feel Every Move
Sean Merrell - drums on Nine Moons

peterzach

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
Thanks Ian for sharing this and your efforts in sharing your musical gift over the years with all of us :)

Group builder