• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

QQ DOOR PRIZE #76: Monster Music's Sketches of Spain! 100th Post Giveaway for the LINGS! [CLOSED]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Wow! This is my 100th post. To celebrate, I'm giving away a disc:

When I found Keith Ling's post on another forum, and I looked at his for sale list, he had only sold three titles: Moody Blues Days of Future Passed, Nektar Remember the Future, and the disc I am now giving away to celebrate my 100th post. You can read what other QQers have to say about it here. Because I have grown to love and respect Keith and his wife, Kelly (and her phenomenal updates), I am also offering anyone interested in this giveaway the opportunity to donate to the Ling's campaign. They had hoped to raise $10K by June; they are $1435 away.

Let me be clear: you are under NO obligation to donate--NONE whatsoever. I donated to see what the minimum donation is; it turns out it is $5 (I tried to donate $1--no luck!). All you need to do is reply to this thread, and your post # will be your entry number (since I donated, I'm #1! Wow! That's the first time I ever wrote that; felt kinda cool!). On 18 July, when I turn 59, I'll generate a number randomly, and the QQer whose post that is will be the winner! If you also want to donate to Keith's page (did I mention you can find it here?), that would be really groovy, but you DO NOT need to donate to enter this contest!

Good luck, comrades. The disc is amazing, and your copy will be unopened! I wish you peace

Thank you once again, Fred, for your kindness and generosity. We're at day 59 after my bone marrow transplant. My care has been transferred to my local Oncologist who I see a second time next Monday (6-17). He told me last week that BMT patients typically have to wait 100 days before they are allowed back to work. Since my job stays isolated from customers and most co-workers, he hinted I may be able to start back part-time a little earlier. I have gone about 6 months without working, and unfortunately am not receiving any pay during this time. The generosity and prayers of many people (along with family members) have allowed us to stay afloat.
I am thankful that we have been able to sell a good number of discs here. Thank you to those who have made purchases.
Fred, my wife Kelly wanted me to send you an extra special thank you for all you've done for us. Your efforts at helping us get to our fund raising goal has helped us tremendously. Blessings to all here for your prayers and well wishes!

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Well, yesterday I hit what google says are the "top 10 used cd stores in brooklyn," and found nothing. Adding insult to injury, when I returned to the place I'm staying, I couldn't access QQ! It's back this morning, and the random number generator says the lucky winner is:

Screenshot 2019-07-19 at 5.27.01 AM.png

congrats to @hwkn!
And here's hoping all is well with Keith. No updates on his site, but we continue to Surround him with our positivity. Peace

Last edited:

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Congrats!!!! In!
holy crap, @Gmat25! when i checked this thread half an hour ago, i thought, "hey, i know that tag!" i searched your posts and found your thread for @byrdman7! i think i have bought half a dozen or so discs from you on discogs, never knowing you were a senior member on the site that got me into surround sound!

ultimately, this is just to say that this giveaway for keith was inspired by what i read over on discogs that you are doing for your "friend with health issues." bless you for all you do! peace, comrade

Last edited: