Mike Keneally QQ Questions For Mike Kenneally

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Last evening I sent Mike a note wondering if he'd drop by and/or field some questions about his music. Right before I sent it, I took a look at his website Keneally.com - Scott Chatfield has done a nice job on it over the years. There were no new Mike news updates since March 2020 when everything tour-wise ground to a halt. I offered if this idea took off we could build him a section like other artists/engineers. Also suggested if we wanted to start off light, I mentioned the example of the occasional dispatches we get from Larry Fast (Synergy). Lastly I said I would try to gather up some questions to gauge the interest level.

If you're not familiar with Mike, take a look at his website Keneally.com to get a feel for all his amazing musical antics with Zappa, Joe Satriani, Devon Townshend to name just a few, along with some amazing solo albums.

I see today I did get a reply from Mike overnight; "Fun! Sure!"
Thanks Mike, I'll see what the droogs want to ask you.
😉

Last edited:
I am going to save Mike the trouble of finding the link. Here is a long version of how he auditioned for Zappa - scroll down about half way. Then maybe you can ask more specific questions. The linked story is a GREAT read!

http://www.donlope.net/fz/notes/1987.html
Agreed; OMG - public service! That must be read as Mike wrote it, it's both hilarious and a touching account of what happened

Keep the questions coming! Great response - I'm working on securing him his own area and I'll move all of these posts over there. Starting from the top, the first question was sent to Mike last night.

Folks - this is still an active thread (pump it up!) with more answers still forthcoming. Additional new questions welcomed! Maybe you wonder about other collaborations. In fact, I'll take my place in line here and prime the pump and share an early one now.

Jan 26th, 2018
Hey Mike, still yearning for some additional 5.1 mixes of your material. I understand the disc proposition might seem a little scary at this point; have you considered 5.1 downloads? Have seen success from some other musicians using this approach.That way anything additional you might have or I don’t know accidentally mixed ahead of time (?) could be released in this form instead of languishing. Hey you’re a busy guy you probably had no time to do such a thing, but I sure hope you did. Peace and love from Nashville, Tim

Last edited:
Back