QS MATRIX , ITEMS OF INTEREST (Billboard 1972-1976)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Tommy is not a fav. Who album for me, but does this version even have a Poll thread here?
I’ve got that as a stereo LP someplace.

Also, I really appreciate all the work and detailed info. you’ve shared on our forum fizzy, far more than my little pea brain will ever be able to digest. And yes I noticed when you were away from the forum, woodshedding it with your little green book! :)

Sonik Wiz

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
You cite these Billboard articles, but what we need are links to see them. We don't all have a vast collection of them to thumb through to see these articles.
The World Radio History pages has pdf scans of Billboard magazine 1894> 2017. And thousands other magazines, catalogs, etc. Search by magazine name, year, month.

Also when Fizzy has mentioned something like the QS-E4 encoder or some other piece of gear, a quick google finds lots of info. Haha much of it already here on QQ!

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Tommy is not a fav. Who album for me, but does this version even have a Poll thread here?
I’ve got that as a stereo LP someplace.

Also, I really appreciate all the work and detailed info. you’ve shared on our forum fizzy, far more than my little pea brain will ever be able to digest. And yes I noticed when you were away from the forum, woodshedding it with your little green book! :)

I love the Tommy Polydor album myself , and I had the Tommy/LSO QS album on Ode and found the QS encode to be quite good on some tracks.
I mention this because it is rumoured that a cd version retains the QS of that The Who/ LSO Album.

PS Thanks for your compliment Pupsi . It is very much appreciated . Usually I just get more questions of source etc or some post in the negative. Hope more people such as yourself have the wherewithall to extend gratitude to people on QQ . People who try and supply information on quad , specifically matrix . You know I'm just trying to do my bit to help . There are a lot of newbies that need specifics on quad and where possible I think it's our duty as "old gits" who were there during the quad years to supply bits and pieces of what we know.
And I don't know everything regarding quad , but I've learned a lot on this site .
When it gets technical , I say whoa ...that's way over my head . Just lacking the physics/math , but in my defense it was FN boring , unless sufficient examples are provided.

Anyway thanks,

-Fizzy , (the olde scouser git)