qsd-1000 mods?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jsrstereo

I'm the proud owner of a qsd-1000 and wonder if this unit would benefit from a re-cap job and the other mods recommended by quadbob for the older Sansui units? Or should I leave it as is?

QUESTION: Do I correctly understand (or not) that the QS-1, as good as it is, is not a QRX VarioMatrix decoder, as are the QS-2 and the QRX receivers? If it is not, why then is it considered superior to these QRX/VM units?

Thanks from John

My references in my post to the QS-1 and QS-2 should have read: QSD-1 and QSD-2. John

hi John

(should I leave it as is?)

if i own a Sansui QSD-1000 like you, i would send it to Quadbob to do a re-cap job on it, i own a QSD-1 and he just did a re-cap on it, quadbob just did his QSD-1000 and it made a BIG difference on his, we compared both units after the re-cap job and i can tell you that the QSD-1 sounded just a little better but not by much.(hard to explain) there is a post somewhere when we (quadbob & i) did the 1st comparation on both units and the resuls. hope this will help thanks Gerardo;)

He also tweaks the blending circuit to allow for much better separation!
Marc

Back