Quad 4 car JVC KD-AVX1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadchuck

My valor ida700w broke again, it's a mediocre unit, however for a single din it has an unmarked feature.
Seems they used a zoran chip that decodes dts and dd, but since they didn't buy license they couldn't
list that as a feature.
It has modest performance with a 7" tuckaway screen and dts and dd it would have been a great especially
housing all that in a single din box.
Unfortunately it has an inferior designed dvd/cd mechanism, a heavy duty spring is anchored to the disc clamping
arm by a wispy plastic piece.
My Pioneer is hearty but unfortunately Pioneer makes you use another unit for decoding and a bundle of wires
that you have to stuff under the dash where you can find room, oh you have to nearly pull a home equity loan the buy
all of it. Does work very good dvhp5000mp/deqp7000. They don't support all those features in their new units.

So, I found a JVC KD-AVX1 and pawn shop. Faceplate has dts and double d logos, but I didn't read manual carefully enough.
JVC went to the trouble to decode dts and dd but then downmix multichannel into stereo. The unit has 4 discreet amps but the
preamp section is stereo, what a waste. They provide a opticle port so you can add a decoder/amp for mutichannel.

Got it cheap $45, I'll try to fix my valor and keep looking for something like the JVC only one that gets it right in design.

Ohh no, no, no. chuck after reading your post my head hurts. If you are looking for another pos like that valor ( and I honestly can't believe that yours still functioned). Then look for the jvc kd avx2. It will actually be an improvement over that valor. Or wait, better yet. INSTALL THE FRIGGIN PIONEER FER CRYIN OUT LOUD. (I'm assuming its the pioneer avhp 7600 or 7800 which have the burr brown dac) and not the jake and the never-land pirates chip like whats in that valor. ( yea I've been hanging out with 4 yr olds). I still can't believe that thing still works, no seriously, you're pulling my leg, you had that sitting around new in the box for ten years and just installed it a month or two ago didn't you? Install the pioneer hideaway processor under a front seat. " It will be worth it, if not for the sake of this song then for your own piece of mind" your ears will thank you

One of the saddest things I've discovered in searching for parts for the Valor,
The dvd mechanism is/was made by Denso, and that mech. was used in Jaguars and Lexus'.
Hence, misery loves company.

When you buy something, you never know where the weak spots are.
I was given a nice Pioneer home dvd player that decodes DTS DD and SACD.
Too bad the drawer switch was something like you'd find in a toy.
Was able to fix it, but I think of all the bad ones out there.

Once had a Milwaukee drill driver, touted itself has having a heavy duty drive.
When it broke I disassembled drive and found it had good drive gears throughout, except
the first gear on the motor, which was nylon and that's what broke!

I never gave up on that Valor, and found on Chinese site NOS of what they call "Loaders"
I bought 3 for $50 and as I expected 1 was broken too 1 was good and 1 had trouble loading disc.
I had to change circuit board and thus disturb factory align but i did get my Valor back working after many years

Back