Quad Genesis KBFH online

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmack

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Today, I received an e-mail notice from Wolfgang's Concert Vault that they now are streaming the 1975 Genesis King Biscuit Flower Hour show recorded at Shrine Auditorium. Out of curiosity, I recorded a little bit of the stream (naughty, naughty), and decoded it with the Adobe Audition SQ decoding script. I don't have a boot of the original broadcast to compare it with, but I think the quad encoding is intact. The bad news is that, because this is streaming audio, the software decoding had a lot of undesirable artifacts in the sound.

The show is here:
http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/concertdetail.aspx?id=20050270|2575

J. D.

FYI - This show (Shrine Auditorium 1/24/75 - complete Lamb portion) IS available on 2 CDs in best quality as part of the fairly recent Genesis Archive 1967-75.

What is news here for me is the concert Vault inclusion of the 2 additional songs they played afterwards: Watcher Of The Skies + The Musical Box
Last night I managed to secure them for my Genesis library. :smokin:

These were the last shows Peter did with Genesis and these are comparitively OLD (1971-72) songs for a band that changed a lot by 1975.

Shrine Auditorium has many good memories (King Crimson, Gentle Giant, Strawbs, Fleetwood Mac) but I missed this Genesis show. Didn't get into Lamb Lies Down until much later but loved Foxtrot and SEBTP.... Oh well. Checking out vault's 1978 Genesis concert right now.....

FYI - This show (Shrine Auditorium 1/24/75 - complete Lamb portion) IS available on 2 CDs in best quality as part of the fairly recent Genesis Archive 1967-75.

What is news here for me is the concert Vault inclusion of the 2 additional songs they played afterwards: Watcher Of The Skies + The Musical Box
Last night I managed to secure them for my Genesis library. :smokin:

These were the last shows Peter did with Genesis and these are comparitively OLD (1971-72) songs for a band that changed a lot by 1975.

Shrine Auditorium has many good memories (King Crimson, Gentle Giant, Strawbs, Fleetwood Mac) but I missed this Genesis show. Didn't get into Lamb Lies Down until much later but loved Foxtrot and SEBTP.... Oh well. Checking out vault's 1978 Genesis concert right now.....

Hi Timbre4,
The Genesis Archive 1969-1975 is a 4 cd set with the complete Shrine Auditorium live performance (no Watcher and Musical Box) onto 2 cds and other 2 with rare BBC performances, B-sides (Twilight Alehouse, Happy The Man) and a Rainbow Theater Live from 1973.
Shrine and Rainbow shows were recorded in multitrack. So the version you get on this set is remixed.
For the Shrine part Genesis re-record most of vocals and guitar parts, and "IT" is missing due to the fact that the guy which was recording the overlaps during the gig got to sleep....
So they decided to put a "second take" from the studio performance.

The one available online IS the complete show with no remasters or modification so it must have the quad encoding intact.
I hope this explains a little. :phones

For the Shrine part Genesis re-record most of vocals and guitar parts, and "IT" is missing due to the fact that the guy which was recording the overlaps during the gig got to sleep....
So they decided to put a "second take" from the studio performance.

That was the explanation for the alternate version of "It" that was given when the boxset was released, but the recording that can be heard at Wolfgang's shows that the tape did *not* run out as claimed. I wonder what the real story is?

J. D.

Back