Quad Info Sources

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obbop

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Read an older post a few days ago wherein some hearty soul was seeking info sources about quad back in the 1970s. Did a quick look but couldn't find it.

The following info may be helpful to someone wanting to do research about quad. I spent many hours peering at the microfiche archives of older audio magazines at several different libraries in the early 1990s, trying to amass as much info as possible. Sadly, there was no one definitive source for all that I was seeking...which was ALL aspects of quad... equiment available, manufacturers, technical details, marketing... the whole gamut from design to building to availabilty, nomenclature, reviews of equipment, etc.

Well, poked around the Web, huddled in the shanty, avoiding the life-robbing cold outside that is wrapping its clammy hands around the shanty, digging through the too-thin insulation as the marginal producer life-saving warmth device gurgles under the floor, sending aloft its marginal heat as the little portable electric heater struggles valiantly to assist in keeping the old codger from freezing. Brrrrrrr.

http://www.roger-russell.com/magrevsr.htm#sr1977

This Web page lists the topics/makes/models/units/etc. covered in each monthly issue. You can use it to limit a search or to find all the available quad goodies that were reviewed.

Not mentioned are the contents of the "letters to the editor" section where readers comment's about quad equipment and quad in general sometimes appear.

On the whole, I recall many of those letters being anti-quad but what do you expect from those absolutely convinced that $4,000 per foot audio cable is assuredly superior to that turn-up-yer-nose-at el cheapo cable that retails for a mere $500 per foot.

At the top of the page are two links to other audio magazines that list coverage by issue date.

Knowledge is power.

Back