Quad mixes made available on a modern/digital format

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great list Adam!

I’m a bit anal about this. I like to include the word ‘Quad’ in titles in my collection list so I can filter/search for ‘quads’ (as many of you know I play all my music from files so I can play any ‘quad’ track from my collection on-the-fly. Sometimes I have Quad Nights, playing only quad tracks. Anyway...)

If it were up to me I’d change the poll chart and add ‘(Quad)’ to each of Adam’s releases listed. So we could all filter/find ‘Quad’ titles from that list. Thoughts?

BTW: I would edit those titles, I wouldn’t ask Jon or Ryan to do this as it’s a little time consuming

oh ok, thanks for the info!

tbh I always thought the ABB Filmore DTS was the Quad and the Eat A Peach SACD was a new 5.1 by Jeff Glixman but if the SACDs are the Quads I will update the list now no probs :)
Those Allman Bros sacd's are new 5.1 mixes .
The dts cd is the one and only .

Also anything Brad Miller did with the Mystic Moods is fr their quad source , that includes titles never before released.

tbh I didn't initially include the AF Collection, thinking "well it is just a.. collection!" ;)

but seriously, if the membership thinks it warrants inclusion in this list, I'll add it!

Er...aaaaaa.

How about some Frank Zappa ? Surely he has and qualifies ?

please can you list those Quads that have been (re)released on DVD etc, Fizzy?

..and i'll add 'em to the list, no problemo.
i'm not as familiar as i probably should be with much of Zappa's output, don't wanna get it wrong!

please can you list those Quads that have been (re)released on DVD etc, Fizzy?

..and i'll add 'em to the list, no problemo.
i'm not as familiar as i probably should be with much of Zappa's output, don't wanna get it wrong!

None of Zappa's quads have been rereleased.

The Zappa surround DVD-As released have quad mixed material which was never released officially in the seventies.

-Kristian

Great list Adam!

I’m a bit anal about this. I like to include the word ‘Quad’ in titles in my collection list so I can filter/search for ‘quads’ (as many of you know I play all my music from files so I can play any ‘quad’ track from my collection on-the-fly. Sometimes I have Quad Nights, playing only quad tracks. Anyway...)

If it were up to me I’d change the poll chart and add ‘(Quad)’ to each of Adam’s releases listed. So we could all filter/find ‘Quad’ titles from that list. Thoughts?

BTW: I would edit those titles, I wouldn’t ask Jon or Ryan to do this as it’s a little time consuming

thanks for the input mate (y)
I can add "Quad" to them when I stick it all in Excel or something, its no bother at all, I quite like all this kinda stuff really, lists are my thing I guess I'm not alone here at QQ in liking lists! :QQlove

QuAudiophilliac DVDA , and Baby Snakes (4ch soundtrack) DD DVD..... for Frank Zappa.

Also I'm not too certain on this but did not Morton Subotnick have a total of 4 DVDA'S all originating in Quad ?

The Zappa surround DVD-As released have quad mixed material which was never released officially in the seventies.

-Kristian

ok that's great info, thank you!

what might those DVD-A's be pls
(sadly I'm not a physical embodiment of the surround discography! ;) )

edit;

Fizzy has put forward a couple of suggestions, if these are ok I'll add them

-Kristian
That's true , but we have Gentle Giant's listed.....so are you suggesting removng all the Never Released ???

QuAudiophilliac DVDA , and Baby Snakes (4ch soundtrack) DD DVD..... for Frank Zappa.

Also I'm not too certain on this but did not Morton Subotnick have a total of 4 DVDA'S all originating in Quad ?

great stuff, thanks FW! (y)
i'm just kicking back with the new Robert Reed Sanctuary III in Surround (washed down with a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc) at the mo., I'll get onto these ol' Quad lists in a while (if I'm still vertical in a while, that is..)

ok that's great info, thank you!

what might those DVD-A's be pls
(sadly I'm not a physical embodiment of the surround discography! ;) )

The legacy quad mixes released in the seventies were Apostrophe and Over-Nite Sensation. Both never saw the light as quad rerelease.

Then there was a quad mix for the film Baby Snakes, which soundtrack was released only in stereo as picture disc and CD in the eighties and early nineties. The first time the film soundtrack was released in multichannel was with the Video-DVD release of Baby Snakes.

May be I don't understand the list, I thought the list is about legacy quad (audio only) mixes rereleased on DVD-A, SACD, BluRay?

-Krisitan

Have a Slurp or two................or five , or six.....for me Fredums .

Meanwhile I'll take a break.
Got more to mention, but they can wait .:hi :51QQ

Vino is a nice priority , ok.

Back