Quad mixes made available on a modern/digital format

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The legacy quad mixes released in the seventies were Apostrophe and Over-Nite Sensation. Both never saw the light as quad rerelease.

Then there was a quad mix for the film Baby Snakes, which soundtrack was released only in stereo as picture disc and CD in the eighties and early nineties. The first time the film soundtrack was released in multichannel was with the Video-DVD release of Baby Snakes.

May be I don't understand the list, I thought the list is about legacy quad (audio only) mixes rereleased on DVD-A, SACD, BluRay?

-Krisitan

good question!
I have included a couple of Quads mixed back in the 70's not released at that time but more recently (Gentle Giant) so if its ok with QQ-ers let's proceed on that basis.

The legacy quad mixes released in the seventies were Apostrophe and Over-Nite Sensation. Both never saw the light as quad rerelease.

Then there was a quad mix for the film Baby Snakes, which soundtrack was released only in stereo as picture disc and CD in the eighties and early nineties. The first time the film soundtrack was released in multichannel was with the Video-DVD release of Baby Snakes.

May be I don't understand the list, I thought the list is about legacy quad (audio only) mixes rereleased on DVD-A, SACD, BluRay?

-Krisitan
I sorta understand what you mean, but I would say keep em (they are legacy ). I would however put an asteric or like my Quad-Requads listing...they could all be in CAPS to help identify and distinguish their IMPORTANCE for collectors....both new and old.

what is the 3DTS/HDS sampler please FW?
never heard of it! :eek:
Not certain that many are from a quad source , Movie Tracks in 5.1 (but Quadtrade may know ).

Here's the DTS CD listing showing the 6 Mystic Moods (4ch).

Attachments

• 20180422_143659.jpg
    20180422_143659.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 174
I wish that all albums would be released so fans can buy them the way they want as FLAC/Blu-ray or AVCHD-DVD/ iso-file/ Q4 reel to reels in hi-res 5.1 and 4.0 (and 2.0) as these albums on Surroundmusic.one:
Mike Vieira - Disturbing the Universe (flac/blu-ray/iso-file/Q4 reels)
Michell Guzmán – Redshift (flac/blu-ray/iso-file/Q4 reels)
Interstellar Sequence - Sequence Of Life (flac/blu-ray/AVCHD-DVD/iso-files/Q4 reels)
Odyssey - Metastasia (flac/blu-ray/AVCHD-DVD/iso-files/Q4 reels)
(Keith Hopcroft - Route Secondaire, soon as 4.0 too)

I wish that all albums would be released so fans can buy them the way they want as FLAC/Blu-ray or AVCHD-DVD/ iso-file/ Q4 reel to reels in hi-res 5.1 and 4.0 (and 2.0) as these albums on Surroundmusic.one:
Mike Vieira - Disturbing the Universe (flac/blu-ray/iso-file/Q4 reels)
Michell Guzmán – Redshift (flac/blu-ray/iso-file/Q4 reels)
Interstellar Sequence - Sequence Of Life (flac/blu-ray/AVCHD-DVD/iso-files/Q4 reels)
Odyssey - Metastasia (flac/blu-ray/AVCHD-DVD/iso-files/Q4 reels)
(Keith Hopcroft - Route Secondaire, soon as 4.0 too)

You may want to add a couple more post quad era , quad titles to this listing.

Just off the top of my head , 2 I know of would be:

King Crimson -Argentina (DVDA )
Andy Jackson -Signal To Noise (DVDA)
:)

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Also, it is my opinion that as long as a 5.1 mix derived from an original 4.0 quad mix retains all four channels as originally planned, then it qualifies for the list. You can always mute the center and sub channels in order to hear the original 4-channel mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I second that assumption with the Moodies at least. The SACD's are very comperable to the Reels I have (DOFP, QOB, 7S), I'm hard pressed to see i difference in the mix / discreetness (for these anyway). I have my Oppo set up as 4.0 only so presumably the "5.1" Ness gets converted to Quad. Same argment with Jeff Becks 5.1 mixes (IMHO of course, YMMV).

Back