Quad references in the media

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reed

Out here in the perimeter, way down below the ocea
Been awhile since I posted, but I had to share this.

I was watching a rerun of an episode of the original Incredible Hulk TV show from the 70s (I think the name of the episode was "Married") and one of the characters (a Swinger) brags to his date that his sound system is "quad." Dig it! :51banana:

Cool! It's like the first season Soprano's episode when they heist a tractor trailer full of LaserDisc players. "Best Quality" they said.

I am trying to remember more references to quad in TV shows, but none come to mind off hand. Good spot!

of course, there's Homer's flashback in one episode of the Simpsons:

* 1970's Homer watches some other youth's from a distance working on a Boogie Van *

Youth 1: "Yeeeah Man. Mini Bar, Disco Ball, Quadraphonic Sound and now - Strobe Light. Gentleman, welcome to the Second base-mobile."

**Edgar Winter's Frankenstein starts to play. The youths start to headbang with the flash of the strobe, and in the distance we can see Homer get closer and closer. The youths all stare at Homer and within one flash of the strobe, Homer is in the distance again. The youths continue to headbang.**

It's been a while but I recall an episode of "Malcolm in the Middle" where the guy's wife tells him to go in the garage and throw some old junk out and there he finds his old quad setup. Instead of cleaning up he sets up the quad system in the garage. Also, he finds a box of his old records with "In The Court of the Crimson King" sitting in front and comments how he hasn't heard King Crimson in ages.

Rick

Back