QUADIO DOOBIES - Exclusive First Look at the box

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just preordered my copy of this set.

To celebrate the release of this box, I'm also building my first ever surround sound system in my home.

Anthem MRX520 with 3 Paradigm 6000SE, 2 3000SE and a pair of V10 subs.

Cannot wait.
Excited for you @christcomesalive - isn't Anthem and Paradigm owned by the same company?
You'll love those Doobie's Quadio, I have no doubt!

Thanks again for changing my life recommending the Harry Nilsson Complete RCA Collection! The only way it could be better is if Rhino released it Quad! Wait, did I just have a great idea? Nah, I don't even know if Harry mixed in Quad.

I own all these on CD-4. IMHO, Schmilsson is an essential Quad. The rest are forgettable.

Lifted from Mark Anderson's list, linked on QQ:

Duit On Mon Dei. RCA APD1-0817 (CD4), APT1-0817 (Q8)

Nilsson Schmilsson. RCA APD1-0319 (CD4), EPQ1-0319-QF (QR),
PQ8-1734 (Q8), R4P-5052 (CD4) [Japan]

Pussy Cats. RCA APD1-0570 (CD4), APT1-0570 (Q8), RCA R4P-5081 (CD4)
[Japan]

Sandman. RCA APD1-1031 (CD4), APT1-1031 (Q8)

Now, we return this thread to Doobie land.

Thanks, I plan on sticking around a bit more.

I think I was registered here for a bit under a different screen name sometime around 2011 or 12 when I began work on the quad 35mm transfer of the Pink Floyd Pompeii and ran the donation request thing over at the AFG site. There were lots of people who had questions here, if I remember correctly.

Speaking of Steve Woolard and exclusive first looks: here's our hero in the flesh, introducing the 21-LP version of Yes's Progeny: Seven Shows from Seventy-Two. Now when will we see him doing a similar video for the next Quadio box...?

But no mention of a possible Quadio set! Well, we can hope!
Well, the CD version of this box came out in 2015, and apparently the 16-track masters had been sitting in a box since 1972, so it doesn't seem there would ever have been any quad mixes done. But if they really wanted to celebrate the semi-centennial, they might at least have cooked up some streaming Atmos mixes to accompany this vinyl release--at least of the two-disc "Highlights" set....

Back