Quadio Family Portrait - Late Summer 2020 -

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Gathered the entire gang together. Hope they make more little ones! :devilish:

300-Family Album.jpg

I've just been looking at the drop list for the upcoming Record Store Day (August 29th), and it's got me wondering. Presumably the expense of gathering a bunch of stereo tracks that have already been remastered and digitized and slapping them onto colored vinyl (and into a deluxe gatefold cover) isn't anywhere near as great as preparing, say, a Doobies Quadio Blu-Ray box set. Still, most of those RSD releases are very limited runs, and the record companies must be making something off of them--or at least not losing too much. Might that be one way of getting a few more old Warners quads out of the vaults?

Might that be one way of getting a few more old Warners quads out of the vaults?

I know a lot of members are against optical discs and vinyl bundled together in the same package, but a release model akin to the Ten Years After A Space In Time EMI LP/DVD set that came out a few years would be cool. Just slip a cardboard sleeve with the surround disc in the LP jacket, no extra packaging required.

Jon, you need to open up and listen to that Chicago Quadio set. It’s Fantastic!!!
:cool::ROFLMAO::love:

Mine's open! (Of course) I just left the shrink on it for preservation. The side slides out so there was no need to rip the shrink off.
I could not do that with the Doobies as the entire case opens, so I stuck the shrink wrap sticker inside the box after peeling it off.

Mine's open! (Of course) I just left the shrink on it for preservation. The side slides out so there was no need to rip the shrink off.
I could not do that with the Doobies as the entire case opens, so I stuck the shrink wrap sticker inside the box after peeling it off.
Outstanding!

I always keep the stickers from the shrink wrap with the disks too for whatever reason.... I doubt that anyone will ever care, but it seems like it’s part of the original disk to me.

More little ones would be great. I don't think there is much 'box set' material left in the WEA vaults, but there sure are a lot of great albums that deserve the Quadio attention as single releases!
Great point; I was wondering how much they sold those earlier singles for (I have all their QUADIO releases but bought the singles from the after market?) For me, given the sound quality they put these out with, they should sell at a premium price, which you wouldn’t hear me quibble about too much, especially for the more popular titles. And packaging was always pretty cool also.

Great point; I was wondering how much they sold those earlier singles for (I have all their QUADIO releases but bought the singles from the after market?) For me, given the sound quality they put these out with, they should sell at a premium price, which you wouldn’t hear me quibble about too much, especially for the more popular titles. And packaging was always pretty cool also.

My records indicate I paid $30 for Aretha's Best Of quad new from Rhino ten years ago.
I ordered it partly from frustration that Chicago Transit Authority quad went out of print before I knew about it.
Wasn't going to let that happen again, and hoped to encourage more releases.
It's been a long wait, but some wonderful pay-offs for the patient, never enough for the greedy...

Back