Quadio titles from Rhinohandmade?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every dollar must count if they're pressing as few as 750 of some Handmade titles. They don't have both oars in the water.

Linda

Good point...I had forgotten all about Because Sound Matters. They sold existing stock of a few DVD-As at the beginnnig but that's long gone.
Thought they tempted us with DVD-A when they started up, it was obvious from the get go that vinyl was their focus.
Which is fine I suppose, but they shouldn't have raised our hopes.
It's a shame, it would have been a license to print money. Not a lot of money in their scheme of things but every dollar counts.

Yeah, I remember eagerly checking that site for a few months. Even bought a Barenaked Ladies DVD-A from them at a higher price than Amazon to "encourage" them to keep the DVD-A flame burning. But the flame flickered...:flame

Good times!

Who'd have thunk we'd be getting more high-res surround some years later than we were then? Porcupine Tree, Rush, KC, Jethro Tull, Steven Wilson, maybe the Who...

Because Sound Matters only when you have old stampers laying idle which can ooze out wedges of black PVC that you can sell for $30-$50 a pop. That's cheaper than re-pressing a 5.1 advanced resolution hunk of alumimum aspic which you sell for $20-$30. It sells for $10-$30 more and is infinitely less costly than mixing a brand new surround title. Can you say "on the cheap?" I knew you could.

Linda

BSM is still there, http://www.becausesoundmatters.com/, there's no mention of the 'DVD-A' or 'SACD' words anywhere that I could find. I guess sound only matters if you have a turntable.

infinitely less costly than mixing a brand new surround title.
Linda
i think Jon talking about present reprints on SACD which sells amazon.
probably WEA doesn't sees the local market as worthy. could be that their latest move is a testing
of chinese market? i think from all those japanese retailers more stuff goes to China than actually to Japan.
wondering, is there amazon or such kind of retailer in China?

I mentioned "re-pressing a 5.1 advanced resolution hunk of aluminum aspic" along with added cost if a new mix were created. No offense intended or taken, Otto. It's late.

Linda

i think Jon talking about present reprints on SACD which sells amazon.
probably WEA doesn't sees the local market as worthy. could be that their latest move is a testing
of chinese market? i think from all those japanese retailers more stuff goes to China than actually to Japan.
wondering, is there amazon or such kind of retailer in China?

Back