Quadraphonic Price Guide????

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I perused my copy I saw " Camel 1977 Stereo Pop Special 159 (BBC Transcription Services) CN 2935/SQ (UK)", so there is some Camel in Quad! :LB has anybody heard it or seen a copy? I doubt if any of the band even know that exits!

As a few years ago a friend was working for Andy Latimer who graciously signed all my original Camel LPs & CDs, and he didn't know the re-issued remastered CDs had extra tracks added! It seems the band didn't want them on the same CD as the album, as they thought the tracks should be on a separate CD or not released at all, they had never even been sent a copy of the reissue, let alone told what had been added. Record companies are a law unto themselves once you've signed on the dotted line!

As I perused my copy I saw " Camel 1977 Stereo Pop Special 159 (BBC Transcription Services) CN 2935/SQ (UK)", so there is some Camel in Quad! :LB has anybody heard it or seen a copy? I doubt if any of the band even know that exits!

As a few years ago a friend was working for Andy Latimer who graciously signed all my original Camel LPs & CDs, and he didn't know the re-issued remastered CDs had extra tracks added! It seems the band didn't want them on the same CD as the album, as they thought the tracks should be on a separate CD or not released at all, they had never even been sent a copy of the reissue, let alone told what had been added. Record companies are a law unto themselves once you've signed on the dotted line!

Dunc, as we learned from that New York Times article pertaining to that dreadful Universal Fire ......when those artists did sign on the ..... line those masters became the property of the Record Comglomerates who in hindsight were woefully inadequate caretakers of not only that intellectual property but dutifully compensating the artists, as well, for their music.

Dunc, as we learned from that New York Times article pertaining to that dreadful Universal Fire ......when those artists did sign on the ..... line those masters became the property of the Record Comglomerates who in hindsight were woefully inadequate caretakers of not only that intellectual property but properly compensating the artists, as well, for their music.
I wonder if it exists on tape in the BBC vaults?

The Camel went for ÂŁ221.91 on Discogs in October 2018.

The Camel went for ÂŁ221.91 on Discogs in October 2018.

View attachment 40990

And according to the Quadraphonic Discography, it was the only Camel album ever mixed into surround. Wonder if we'll ever get Camel 5.1 remixes of their classic albums?

CAMEL -
Stereo Pop Special '77 Record CN 2935/SQ (SQ)
{BBC Transcription Services LP for radio air play}

Back