Quadraphonic with 4 monoblocks ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My setup will be a Surroundmaster V2 running into a pair of Sansui stereo amps ( AU 7700 fronts, AU 6600 rears )

But I am about to recap them both & go through them, so they are not in use yet

Speakers will probably be Ortofon 445 front & Mordaunt Short Pageant rears

Playback sources will be

1. Old PC repurposed as media player, running Foobar
2. CD player
3. Vinyl
4. Teac A3340 4 track reel to reel

All but #4 will go through the SM for matrix decoding

#4 will have discrete outs to each stereo amp, for 4 channels

1617743794771.png

I downloaded Fobar 2000 to my android tablet, I like it as a player but I can't find the preferences page which is probably necesary to play 4 channel files. Is it perhaps missing from the android version?

I downloaded Fobar 2000 to my android tablet, I like it as a player but I can't find the preferences page which is probably necesary to play 4 channel files. Is it perhaps missing from the android version?
I've never tried mobile version, but on windows you will only hear 2ch unless there is multichannel sound card connected/driver installed. I don't imagine that the tablet would be compatible with discrete multichannel interface.

Yes it is my first attempt at making a 4 channel playable file, I probably did something wrong, however 2 channels are empty for a great part of the file only 2 Guitars playing, later a Floute comes in a 3d channel and after that the Tambourine for a very short time on the 4th channel. Did you listen to all the file to the end?
Yes. Listened and viewed. Here is what I downloaded:
Image1.jpg

Back