QuadraphonicQuad Spelling and Pronunciation Guide

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And it's Ronald McDonald .... NOT Ronnie McDonnie!

See the source image
I think that is where Coulrophobia comes from :devilish::LOL:

Well - the reason I use the 'W' in my name was because nobody could spell my first or last names correctly...
Steve, Steven, Taylor - even Tyler!!! So many incorrect credits, but hopefully including the W might separate me from another well know engineer from the '70s, Steve Taylor who worked at CBS Studios.

Consequently it was quite special when my first credit for recording and mixing a whole album in 1976 was on Brand X - Moroccan Roll...

'Perdurabo' Stephen W Tayler with an E!

(PS I was even referred to as Stephen Wilson in a recent promotional post!! Yikes!!}

Last edited:
Well - the reason I use the 'W' in my name was because nobody could spell my first or last names correctly...
Steve, Steven, Taylor - even Tyler!!! So many incorrect credits, but hopefully including the W might separate me from another well know engineer from the '70s, Steve Taylor who worked at CBS Studios.

Consequently it was quite special when my first credit for recording and mixing a whole album in 1976 was on Brand X - Moroccan Roll...

'Perdurabo' Stephen W Tayler with an E!

Ouch !! But - congrats none the less.......now, that saying none the less....yikes...lets not go there

Back in the late 1980's, my boss would always say "irregardless". Turns out, it is in the dictionary, which, I didn't think it was. Odd....
Lots of nonstandard words are included in various dictionaries. Usage trumps everything.

I was an English major and teacher in a previous life, but I try not to be bothered by textual transgressions. I sometimes commit them myself. ;) :geek::eek:

Lots of nonstandard words are included in various dictionaries. Usage trumps everything.

I was an English major and teacher in a previous life, but I try not to be bothered by textual transgressions. I sometimes commit them myself. ;) :geek::eek:
a personal goal in my life is to eliminate most forms of common punctuation. true the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe but it contributes poorly to written communication. whether its plural or singular possessive its not needed as that is evident in the context. i think we should keep periods as they are like little door stops. if you use a period to signify the end of a sentence you dont need a capital letter to denote the start of a new one. in fact i am boycotting capital letters in general except for tech terms like 108MHz or cool acronyms like RADAR and DTS. which ironically is stylized lower case.

i am good with paragraph spacing as its not really punctuation but just an empty space. or as the french say quad erat demonstrandum baby.

a personal goal in my life is to eliminate most forms of common punctuation. true the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe but it contributes poorly to written communication. whether its plural or singular possessive its not needed as that is evident in the context. i think we should keep periods as they are like little door stops. if you use a period to signify the end of a sentence you dont need a capital letter to denote the start of a new one. in fact i am boycotting capital letters in general except for tech terms like 108MHz or cool acronyms like RADAR and DTS. which ironically is stylized lower case.

i am good with paragraph spacing as its not really punctuation but just an empty space. or as the french say quad erat demonstrandum baby.
My favorite punctuation is "..." It exemplifies continuity of the thought process...or perhaps simply a series of brain farts.

The word ACTUALLY is woefully mispronounced! When I was 15 and had a summer job at a local pool, my boss used to butcher the word and say ACKLY!

And then in college, I had a bit role as one of the gods in Bertolt Brecht's 'The Good Woman of Szechwan' and pronounced actually as ackchally...until my erudite roommate corrected me and said it's ACTSHOOALY!

And did Willie Shakespeare REALLY write all those brilliant immortal Plays and sonnets with ZERO formal education?

I got a bridge to sell you but London Bridge has already been SOLD!

R.6ee330b8000c663d57c48ccc8b2422e0

London Bridge in Lake Havasu, ARIZONA! And it ain't fallin' down!

Last edited:
Back