QuadroSurround Closing up shop!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just reading this thread...I'm really bummed that Dietrich has decided to end Quadro-Surround, though I can only imagine how tough it was to sustain what was essentially a labor of love for him. It was great to work with him, and I know how much he cared about quadraphonic music...Without his support, I never would have been able to hear my band's music in quad. Thank you, Dietrich!
Same here! I still enjoy both releases I have.

Other themes: For me is a production a piece of art: the disc, the label front and back, the text. Anonymos send by internet without right control for all is not my turn. So I don't like self a download.. Others may do.

AS Steve Albini says: "When a piece of music is released. You have no control with it longer. It's like releasing a bird or a fart"
The digital downloads on surroundmusic.one is nevertheless released with copyright by the artist. We can only hope that people will respect that and I'm sure people in this forum will! - It doesn't matter if it is released as DVD or digital download; If people absolute will pass it on they do that no matter the format; They can easily turn DVD's into digital files!
Surroundmusic.one is a way to support those bands people like in there (as streaming-services do not) and I'm sure that all or close to all buyers in there have the same attitude! They like the artist and they like to get their music.
Steve Albini are also right when he says that after music became digital it have had a huge benefit for artists and their fans! And that's most important.

Now Markus Reuter has joined Surroundmusic.one and we run it together: It tells a little about the quality of the website, imho;)

The Rockband OGRE has written some kindly words to us. We thank you. OGRE is rock, but one can listen this well, because it is nevertheless real audible music. It was a pleasure for us, to surround this music into quadraphinic surround-sound.

Dietrich

I feel, it could be interesting for some ore few fans, what ore which has been the Quadro-Action including the Quadrosound Music Production. So I will give an overview. I self have started as fan for 4-channel music in 1973 after listening the discreet method of surround music in a hifi-store. As Quadraphony was settled in the end of the 70's by an incompetence music industry I have formed 1980 the club "Quadro-Aktion" to collect the fans and inform them with papers 4 time in a year with up to 32 pages. I have had also contact to fans in the USA - especially with Larry Clifton and Jay Frank and theire papers. 1983 I have written for a HiFi magazin an report about Quadraphony for the may be coming 4-channel CD. Later in 1985 I have written another report about 4-channel in 3 chapters for an Journal of electronic music. By further writings to HiFi papers, I have interested an wellknown chief sound-engineer in a radio station in Switzerland. He has then produced quadraphonic recordings and could send 5 or 6 quadraphonic broadcastings with 2 sperate broadcasting stations. Unfortunately it was only classic music with usual less interess by the listeners. In 1985 we have had with our club self a quadraphonic broadcasting with interview and SQ/QS music by an big radio station. The first time, that was spoken in radio stations about Quadraphony and was broadcasted quadraphonic music, which was before forbidden. From the 80's till 2011 we have demonstrated 7 quadraphonic shows by fairs and some music clubs. In 1988 till 1991 I have started our own music production with 4-channel tape and 4-channel compact casette. By better conditions with the DVD-Audio (I thought) I started with my helpers again further 18 quadraphonic productions from 2011 till 2018. In 2013 I have had a few contact with Lou Dorren. I have helped him with retipping 2 Grado pick ups with Shibata tips in Gemany. He means, I could visite him, but in that time I found no chance to do that. May be, that I could get his protoyps and/or the technical documents to finish his demodulator. In 2014 I have written own text and have also arranged a few other reports from the 70's to a Quadro book with many pictures, which has 887 pages in 2 volumes. It has been by specially conditions only a little edition for an inner circle and is unfortunately now out-of-print.
That is my and our story. In the review of my and our working by writing and producing it was a very interesting time of 39 years quadraphonic activity and so we could give throug the years some fans informations and 4 chanel music with a wide musically taste.

Dietrich

I feel, it could be interesting for some ore few fans, what ore which has been the Quadro-Action including the Quadrosound Music Production. So I will give an overview. I self have started as fan for 4-channel music in 1973 after listening the discreet method of surround music in a hifi-store. As Quadraphony was settled in the end of the 70's by an incompetence music industry I have formed 1980 the club "Quadro-Aktion" to collect the fans and inform them with papers 4 time in a year with up to 32 pages. I have had also contact to fans in the USA - especially with Larry Clifton and Jay Frank and theire papers. 1983 I have written for a HiFi magazin an report about Quadraphony for the may be coming 4-channel CD. Later in 1985 I have written another report about 4-channel in 3 chapters for an Journal of electronic music. By further writings to HiFi papers, I have interested an wellknown chief sound-engineer in a radio station in Switzerland. He has then produced quadraphonic recordings and could send 5 or 6 quadraphonic broadcastings with 2 sperate broadcasting stations. Unfortunately it was only classic music with usual less interess by the listeners. In 1985 we have had with our club self a quadraphonic broadcasting with interview and SQ/QS music by an big radio station. The first time, that was spoken in radio stations about Quadraphony and was broadcasted quadraphonic music, which was before forbidden. From the 80's till 2011 we have demonstrated 7 quadraphonic shows by fairs and some music clubs. In 1988 till 1991 I have started our own music production with 4-channel tape and 4-channel compact casette. By better conditions with the DVD-Audio (I thought) I started with my helpers again further 18 quadraphonic productions from 2011 till 2018. In 2013 I have had a few contact with Lou Dorren. I have helped him with retipping 2 Grado pick ups with Shibata tips in Gemany. He means, I could visite him, but in that time I found no chance to do that. May be, that I could get his protoyps and/or the technical documents to finish his demodulator. In 2014 I have written own text and have also arranged a few other reports from the 70's to a Quadro book with many pictures, which has 887 pages in 2 volumes. It has been by specially conditions only a little edition for an inner circle and is unfortunately now out-of-print.
That is my and our story. In the review of my and our working by writing and producing it was a very interesting time of 39 years quadraphonic activity and so we could give throug the years some fans informations and 4 chanel music with a wide musically taste.

Dietrich
Do you have any progams or production notes from these shows you did? I was thinking about doing something like that in my town. If you can share that it would be help me get it going.

Do you have any progams or production notes from these shows you did? I was thinking about doing something like that in my town. If you can share that it would be help me get it going.
Hallo mlrocker,
Mr. Dietrich Räsch told me, that on his Computer are a lot of technical problems and so he is not capable to answer you personally.

To tell the truth, it was Mr. Räsch personally engagement (and his personally money) which he invests to do such a show. There were absolutely no financial interests oder additional help from the hif-fi Industry oder record-companies.
The show was presented through 3 members of his German Quadro Action with their own collections of Hard- and Software.
This show was presented in the scope of a regular High-End Show, but in a cheaper show-room nearby.
Believe it not: None of the potential Hi-End companies had any interest in this Surround Show or gave any support...

Mr. Räsch will contact you when his technical problems are solved.
Best wishes from Hamburg, Germany from Noone..

Hallo mlrocker,
Mr. Dietrich Räsch told me, that on his Computer are a lot of technical problems and so he is not capable to answer you personally.

To tell the truth, it was Mr. Räsch personally engagement (and his personally money) which he invests to do such a show. There were absolutely no financial interests oder additional help from the hif-fi Industry oder record-companies.
The show was presented through 3 members of his German Quadro Action with their own collections of Hard- and Software.
This show was presented in the scope of a regular High-End Show, but in a cheaper show-room nearby.
Believe it not: None of the potential Hi-End companies had any interest in this Surround Show or gave any support...

Mr. Räsch will contact you when his technical problems are solved.
Best wishes from Hamburg, Germany from Noone..
Welcome back to the QQ forum noone.
It's good to hear from you again !

Some of these discs are actually outstanding in their own way.

If you like classical music, you really should get Q-10, the Crossover Quintett. I mean, you get a string instrument in each speaker!! Who wouldn't want that? It's very relaxing stuff and it sounds great!

The Parsosn-Thibuad first album is excellent as well. Sorta CSN type stuff, but as a duo. Nice harmonies, nice melodies. In English, as these guys are Americans. A very nice DVD-A

The Ogre stuff is great heavy metal quad - their members have posted here in the past. Killer discs

Appleton Washboard Worms - Country & Boogie Saloon - I smile when I listen to this. They performance is quite good, and hearing these old tunes sung in English with a German accent is quite charming. I love the Jerry Lee Lewis track, "Highschool Confidential"

Honestly, these discs are fun and very discreet (or discrete) and worthy of those who might want to check them out. These guys did a damn fine job putting them together and getting them out there.

Some of these discs are actually outstanding in their own way.

If you like classical music, you really should get Q-10, the Crossover Quintett. I mean, you get a string instrument in each speaker!! Who wouldn't want that? It's very relaxing stuff and it sounds great!

The Parsosn-Thibuad first album is excellent as well. Sorta CSN type stuff, but as a duo. Nice harmonies, nice melodies. In English, as these guys are Americans. A very nice DVD-A

The Ogre stuff is great heavy metal quad - their members have posted here in the past. Killer discs

Appleton Washboard Worms - Country & Boogie Saloon - I smile when I listen to this. They performance is quite good, and hearing these old tunes sung in English with a German accent is quite charming. I love the Jerry Lee Lewis track, "Highschool Confidential"

Honestly, these discs are fun and very discreet (or discrete) and worthy of those who might want to check them out. These guys did a damn fine job putting them together and getting them out there.

I'm currently exchanging emails to purchase the two Ogre albums and the Crossover Quintet. I've heard the quad is really well produced, but as for getting them out there...?...they need a better website: I was hunting for Last Neanderthal with all my search skills on and off all evening and ended up stumbling across their current product page purely by accident...

...I think they need to get on Square Space or something; they need better exposure, especially If they're going to be producing stuff like quad Ogre!!? That stuff needs to be out there.

As I understand it they fund a lot of this stuff themselves as passion projects, which can't be easy. I think they could use and probably deserve more support.

I'm currently exchanging emails to purchase the two Ogre albums and the Crossover Quintet. I've heard the quad is really well produced, but as for getting them out there...?...they need a better website: I was hunting for Last Neanderthal with all my search skills on and off all evening and ended up stumbling across their current product page purely by accident...

...I think they need to get on Square Space or something; they need better exposure, especially If they're going to be producing stuff like quad Ogre!!? That stuff needs to be out there.

As I understand it they fund a lot of this stuff themselves as passion projects, which can't be easy. I think they could use and probably deserve more support.
i think maybe they had 1 or 2 out of print items up on eBay at one time?

Maybe they will re-release their analog productions Q-01 Thru Q-05.
i think maybe they had 1 or 2 out of print items up on eBay at one time?

Currently they have all but one of their digital products (Ogre's Plague of the Planet) available through their site, but none of the analog stuff.

Dietrich, the guy who deals with customer services / sales says he's looking into whether they can print more Plague of the Planet and should get back to me about that on Monday.

As for the analog stuff, none of it is really to my taste...?...so I didn't enquire...so I don't know if they're planning on printing more? 🤷‍♂️

Perhaps @sjcorne could get in touch with them for download options via IAA for out of print titles.
Yeah - I've emailed the address ([email protected]) listed on their site a few times now, no reply so far. It's a shame as they put out some good stuff (I love that "Parsons Thibaud" disc in particular) and would make for a great partner. Anyone know a different way of getting in touch?

Yeah - I've emailed the address ([email protected]) listed on their site a few times now, no reply so far. It's a shame as they put out some good stuff (I love that "Parsons Thibaud" disc in particular) and would make for a great partner. Anyone know a different way of getting in touch?

Not sure...?....that's the email I've been using to communicating with them.

I think they're revising things at the moment...?...changing their prices and internal processes to accommodate international shipping costs etc.

I think maybe me posting their link here might have generated extra business that they weren't prepared for...?...other than that I don't know why they wouldn't respond?

Back