Quark competition to submit 4-2-4 track

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franck

QQ Supporter
I recently submitted an entry for the QUARK - QUARK Make Music in Space competition:

5mn max quadraphonic track, converted to 2 matrixed channels via the quark plugin (same method as for the Suzanne Ciani last quadraphonic vinyl) and saved to soundcloud. Deadline 11 Feb 2021

So if you download the file and play it back via the quark plugin decode 2-4 you should get the quadraphonic experience.

I have a longer recording with a video, that I'm, working on at the moment.

Some views and comments on Soundcloud most appreciated ;)

And if you feel it, submit an entry too.

My only comment, is that I'd like to play this file without having to download it. The plugin is a VST/AU, I need to figure out how I can route the sound via the plugin directly from Soundcloud. Also may be some of you have some hardware that understand this 4-2-4 format?

Wow I saw Morton Subotnick at the Redcat some years earlier perform in surround and it was a fantastic concert. If this concert was open to the public I missed this.

Discogs says only six copies were made!
Doubt I'm going to be hearing this.

Interestingly after the concert he graciously signed a few record covers including the quad ones. He was unaware that 4 Butterflies was released in quad.

Back