• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

"Quarters"??? Well, points for originality, anway.

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Thankfully, Capitol and the BB have issued Pet Sounds in surround, and maybe Good Vibes as well.

"Headquarters" needs a high-rez remix and remaster to lossless. Many technological advances since that set was done.

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
My god the Hiptone posts are mine from 17 years ago. I didn't know that the old name would still appear on old posts, I'd of thought that they would change to new name.

Anyway Jon, where do Harrison backing tracks appear for the couple of tracks you mixed into quad?

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
My god the Hiptone posts are mine from 17 years ago. I didn't know that the old name would still appear on old posts, I'd of thought that they would change to new name.

Anyway Jon, where do Harrison backing tracks appear for the couple of tracks you mixed into quad?
That was so long ago. I think there was an All Things Must Pass bootleg CD that someone sent me with the song without the vocals. I messed around with it.
Today I could do a MUCH better job, that's for sure.

As for Hiptone - you must have got lost in the conversion from EZBoard to vB :eek:

quadtrade

Since 2002/2003
This is the first time I've seen this thread. Everyone kept saying that these (Quarters) were "faked", well at least now I know better now how they were created. I always said that these DTS-CD's were fantastic. I checked for the original source on Discogs and you can buy the "Headquarters Sessions" for a mere $300. https://www.discogs.com/The-Monkees-Headquarters-Sessions/release/4239706
That was one of several sources. Some Japanese lps and a couple other boots were used. That was the info i got from a close source many moons ago.

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
It had to have been more than just the 3CD set of Headquarter Sessions for a couple of reasons.
1. There are many songs included that are not from those sessions.
1. I'd have to check, but it might be that the Sessions backing and or inst. tracks are in mono, which would require more work on extraction, or to use them in only a single channel.

I'd love to bounce everything to 24/96kHz and resync and remix the entire thing, master it to lossless, create new art using a top designer (I know a couple in Los Angeles), and burn to a single DVD-A.

That's been in my mind for several years. It would not take much to push me.

esimms86

600 Club - QQ All-Star
That was so long ago. I think there was an All Things Must Pass bootleg CD that someone sent me with the song without the vocals. I messed around with it.
Today I could do a MUCH better job, that's for sure.

As for Hiptone - you must have got lost in the conversion from EZBoard to vB :eek:
Too bad there are no dry equivalents to the Escher Tapes of ATMP ☹