Quatermass

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusinurbe

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
http://www.progrockmag.com/news/quatermass-classic-gets-re-release/

The one and only album recorded by Quatermess is set for re-release in June, complete with new mixes.

Founding member J Peter Robinson – later of Brand X – has masterminded a 5.1 surround sound and new stereo version of the landmark self-titled 1970 record that turned heads with its musicianship, concept and vision.

The DVD/CD set also features three bonus tracks, two of which are previously unreleased, and includes an illustrated booklet with commentary by Robinson. It’s released via Esoteric Recordings on June 24.

On the same day Esoteric also launch a collection of unreleased studio sessions by Robinson’s experimental outfit The Sphincter Ensemble. Harrodian Event #1 was recorded in 1972 and features Quatermass bassist John Gustafson, who later worked with Steve Hackett and Roxy Music. Also present are Martyn Ford (Barclay James Harvest), Paul Buckmaster (David Bowie), Trevor Morais and Tony Walmsley.

Doesn't say what format but heck this is turning into a great year

Thanks for this. The Esoteric website also does not say what format it will be,

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=4206

A DELUXE TWO DISC EDITION OF THE CLASSIC ALBUM BY QUATERMASS
FEATURING A CD OF A NEW STEREO MIX OF THE ALBUM BY THE BAND’s PETER ROBINSON WITH THREE BONUS TRACKS (TWO PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)
AN NTSC / REGION FREE DVD OF A NEW 5.1 SURROUND SOUND MIX OF THE ALBUM BY PETER ROBINSON

haha! all you helpful fellas! :eek:

as rusinurbe says, WHAT A YEAR..!!!! :banana:

It getting better all the time...

What's the next surprise???

I still want to know the album that SW mixed from '72?

Quatermess

I hope it's not !! ( Don't want to spoil your excitement guys.....but I wish all these releases weren't all Prog Rock ! ) I know we've got a different genre with the BTE disc...I just hope we have more styles of music released in the future....

I hope it's not !! ( Don't want to spoil your excitement guys.....but I wish all these releases weren't all Prog Rock ! ) I know we've got a different genre with the BTE disc...I just hope we have more styles of music released in the future....

ohh...! I'm over the moon about it! 5.1 and prog are a perfect fit.

ohh...! I'm over the moon about it! 5.1 and prog are a perfect fit.

I guess if I was a Prog Rock fan, i'd be over the moon too. I know surround sound is ideal for the genre, and i'm pleased that there's titles being released.....but I just want something that appeals more to me.

I guess if I was a Prog Rock fan, i'd be over the moon too. I know surround sound is ideal for the genre, and i'm pleased that there's titles being released.....but I just want something that appeals more to me.

have you had any luck getting in touch with either of the MJ people you mentioned on here the other day?

have you had any luck getting in touch with either of the MJ people you mentioned on here the other day?

No....i browsed for contact info, no luck, then forgot about it ( not that they would respond ! )....I've not given up on the hope that there will be more future releases, that will be more appealing to me.
I had never bought a REM album before last week, I've never disliked them, just didn't take the plunge....and I've really enjoyed them....but there's certain genre's that will not appeal, no matter how much I try to get into it.
Although, i bought my first Steven Wilson disc, Raven....which I liked more, than I expected to. I'm always open to trying new things, but if there's something I don't like, then I won't buy it just to support surround sound. ( That applies to any other type of entertainment too. )

Back