Queen II is a stealth QS encode!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are we sure this isn't just a case of a very wide mix, instead of an actual QS encoded title?
there have long been rumours of Queen II having been mixed in Quad and even prepared for release but if there were indeed an encoded version out there then being EMI it would be SQ not QS and i just can't see it happening tbh, i'm going with a happy accident / wide mix as well 🙂

there have long been rumours of Queen II having been mixed in Quad and even prepared for release but if there were indeed an encoded version out there then being EMI it would be SQ not QS and i just can't see it happening tbh, i'm going with a happy accident / wide mix as well 🙂
seems we're slinging Quad divisive discourse unapologetically all over the place today 😬

Rock the boat, Rock the boat... BABY!!! ⛵ 👼 :D

I didn't know about Queen II , but there was mention of the first album being mixed for quad .(maybe in Billboard??)

If it was a stealth QS (or SQ ?) mix and encode , vinyl and CD s/b the same .

Another possibility is that it's a mixdown from a Q4 master , which would provide the "happy accident" effect.
Either way good find , I'd say.
an EMI Quad, stealth or otherwise, wouldn't be in QS, they had TOTL SQ encoders in Abbey Road (even if they only used them half a dozen times on Rock records! 😂 )

I did decode the early Japanese CD version (CP32-5377) using the QS script for Adobe Audition.

I couldn't make out anything really discrete ending up in the rear channels.

The source of the rumour about Queen I being mixed for quad is that it appears precisely once on a list of Q8s. There has never been any other evidence, and while the band themselves have said much about their early years there has been no mention of quad. It is widely suspected it was a plan briefly by the record company that never happened.

then i guess it's one of life's happy accidents! (and a superb album, one i wish was in Surround!) 👑💘
I'd far rather have had Queen II as the second DVD-A/V surround mix. The Game was chosen for it's huge success especially in the US, but it was musically a poor fit given it was a deliberately stripped down simple mix compared to previous Queen albums.

Just had a great colleague share with me a QS decode of the Queen II LP and ...HOLY SHIT, BATMAN! IT DECODES PERFECTLY!!!
I was told it was stealth encoded...for all of you guyses with any means to decode QS, try it, you will not be disappointed...

Indeed much stereo sounds as good as encoded. That doesn't mean it is encoded. When you say it decodes "perfectly", compared to what? Do you have a true discrete version to compare it to? Authentic documentation to back this claim up?

Until then I gotta go with the others & say it's a best lucky chance that it sounds so good. I don't care what Robin has to say...

Back