HiRez Poll Queen - NIGHT AT THE OPERA [DVD-A/BluRay Audio]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the DVD-A/BDA of Queen - A NIGHT AT THE OPERA

• Total voters

Snood

Super Moderator
Staff member
Link?

amazon.com, ebay, and Discogs all show prices much higher than that.
RT go to JB hifi......prices are in AUD....so it is 30.20 shipped....it is in Australia but the bluray is non region :banana:

marpow

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Lets turn it up. going from Queen SHM SACD, to DVD-Audio, 5.1, (MLP DTS), PCM, 96Khz, with A Night At The Opera, still rising. I voted 10 ages ago.

markshan

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
BTW, is the Blu-Ray the Scheiner mix or the May?

I actually liked it even better before I read this thread. Now I'm wondering what the differences are and do I have the "best" copy. Earlier I was just digging the sound.

Snood

Super Moderator
Staff member
BTW, is the Blu-Ray the Scheiner mix or the May?

I actually liked it even better before I read this thread. Now I'm wondering what the differences are and do I have the "best" copy. Earlier I was just digging the sound.
It is the May mix unless you have the 2001 version and no writing on the lower portion of the art side of the DVD-A except the DTS logo & Hollywood Records Logo and the words around the circle via this - Bluray is May too

http://en.queenvision.com/index.php?content=dvdanato

hope this helps:banana:

markshan

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I just noticed something else. There is a difference on screen in the "5.1 credits". On the Scheiner version, it says "5.1 tracks mixed by Elliot Scheiner". On the May version, right above that credit it adds "Co-Produced by Brian May for Queen".

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I wish I could go back and change my vote to 10. Stunning.
You can!

So, after reading this thread...
1) I have the 30th Anni DVD-V, which I like quite a lot. My understanding is it was mixed by Brian May. Is there any Elliot Scheiner involvement on it? Is it a different mix than the 2002 DVD-A?
2) Assuming the DVD-A is different enough from the DVD-V to bother with, how different are the 2001 and 2002 versions? Is the 2001 version worth waiting to find?

skherbeck

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
You can!

So, after reading this thread...
1) I have the 30th Anni DVD-V, which I like quite a lot. My understanding is it was mixed by Brian May. Is there any Elliot Scheiner involvement on it? Is it a different mix than the 2002 DVD-A?
2) Assuming the DVD-A is different enough from the DVD-V to bother with, how different are the 2001 and 2002 versions? Is the 2001 version worth waiting to find?
Done (and to think I voted against making vote-changing available!)

LuvMyQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
So, is the 2002 Scheiner/May DVD-A mix the same as the 2005 Scheiner/May DVD-V mix?
And, which mixes appear on the Best of video?
I didn't know there would be a quiz? I'm afraid I didn't study up and I don't actually know. I do like the disk though.