Music DVD Poll Queen - The DVD Collection, Greatest Video Hits

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-V of "Queen - Greatest Video Hits"

• Total voters
Good sound quality; Superb discrete surround mixes. Havn't watched the videos, just listen to the music. Great surround value for the price. A must have. I give it a ten (as compared to other dvd videos).

Some pretty entertaining surround mixes in this collection. I'm not a big fan of their 80's output but with 30+ tunes there's plenty of tracks here that I enjoy. Brian and Roger provide commentary for each video along with archival audio clips from Freddie and John. I found nothing particularly revelatory in their comments but it's a still a good listen and a welcome addition to the set. An 8 for me.

On the one hand, we get their videos in MCH...

OTOH, most are rather pedestrian" mixes"...or maybe "lazy" mixes..."yeah let's put this in there and that in the rears and that's it"....I find it that there is no interaction between the Fronts and the rears,,,it's like the fronts are JUST in the Front and the Rears are just in the rears...still, an 8 for me...

On the one hand, we get their videos in MCH...

OTOH, most are rather pedestrian" mixes"...or maybe "lazy" mixes..."yeah let's put this in there and that in the rears and that's it"....I find it that there is no interaction between the Fronts and the rears,,,it's like the fronts are JUST in the Front and the Rears are just in the rears...still, an 8 for me...

Not that there is anything wrong with a static, discrete mix. You're going to get just as many people complaining about auto-panning as you are about static positioning. FWIW, I do not share your impression of these mixes. There actually is sufficient interplay and movement for my tastes. Not every album is Yoshimi man.

Not that there is anything wrong with a static, discrete mix. You're going to get just as many people complaining about auto-panning as you are about static positioning. FWIW, I do not share your impression of these mixes. There actually is sufficient interplay and movement for my tastes. Not every album is Yoshimi man.

Did I say "autopanning" or stuff running around?
Please read what I wrote again.
This is QUEEN we're talking about, not a lesser band.
When you read what I wrote , maybe , and hopefully you'll understand what I meant.

"Interplay" between Fronts and Rears is NOT AUTOPANNING.

Did I say "autopanning" or stuff running around?
Please read what I wrote again.
This is QUEEN we're talking about, not a lesser band.
When you read what I wrote , maybe , and hopefully you'll understand what I meant.

"Interplay" between Fronts and Rears is NOT AUTOPANNING.

Dude, I understood you just fine. Get over yourself. You sure do complain a lot, btw.
In any case, these mixes are great. Some people just like complaining...

When I first received this I hated it - wasn't happy that it wasn't a truly 5.1 discrete mix...listening to it today at length changed my mind.

Voted a 9. I have the two-disc Eagle Entertainment set (DVD 1-5GB, DVD 2 - 9GB) and the video is in 16x9 widescreen format. I don't have an audio-only option, but the videos are cool and don't mind them at all. The audio quality is very good, especially on disc 1. Disc 2 is pretty good - "I want to break free" is the stand out, it sounds stellar! I went to check and see if a DVD-A/SACD MCH was released for the album its derived from as it's head and shoulders above everything else, but no dice.

The rest of the songs are discrete-ish 4.1 and so it's a winner in my book!

When I first received this I hated it - wasn't happy that it wasn't a truly 5.1 discrete mix...listening to it today at length changed my mind.

Voted a 9. I have the two-disc Eagle Entertainment set (DVD 1-5GB, DVD 2 - 9GB) and the video is in 16x9 widescreen format. I don't have an audio-only option, but the videos are cool and don't mind them at all. The audio quality is very good, especially on disc 1. Disc 2 is pretty good - "I want to break free" is the stand out, it sounds stellar! I went to check and see if a DVD-A/SACD MCH was released for the album its derived from as it's head and shoulders above everything else, but no dice.

The rest of the songs are discrete-ish 4.1 and so it's a winner in my book!
Thank you and glad you made the happy turnaround, I love this 2 disc set. All Queen's discs in 5.1 would be heaven on earth. I have an option on my Samsung 4K that lets me turn off picture without turning off audio, very cool.

Thank you and glad you made the happy turnaround, I love this 2 disc set. All Queen's discs in 5.1 would be heaven on earth. I have an option on my Samsung 4K that lets me turn off picture without turning off audio, very cool.

I enjoy watching the bicycle race, but it is probably good it was not in hi-def!

I rarely watch the videos as I find them a bit cheesy and they don't always synch well with the music. Overall, for me they distract more than add to the listening experience.

The music and surround mix on the other hand are pure bliss.

Voted a 9.

Hi:

The previous Greatest Hits I (2 DVD) 2002 y Greatest Hits II (2 DVD) 2003 have the same 5.1 mix than the 2012 Eagle Visión Greatest Hits (2 DVD)?

Thanks

Great mixes of a band I never really explored. Well worth tracking down if you have not already.

This is a great mix! 1 and 2. I discovered this and noticed it was in 5.1. I bought it for the sound, not the videos. The videos are a bonus for me. Many of these songs are only available on this collection in 5.1. sound quality is excellent!

10!

Back