HiRez Poll Queensryche - TRIBE [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Queensryche - TRIBE

• 10: Great Surround, Great Fidelity, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9:

• 8:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this DVD-A released by Sanctuary (Silverline) and later released as a DualDisc with a DVD-A side, Queensryche's TRIBE album.

Queensryche - TRIBE.jpg

Like most people who have had any slightest interest in metal or even progressive metal, Queensrÿhe were one of the first band in the genre that I discovered, more precisely it was Operation Mindcrime and Empire. This offering came when I had discovered them, hoping it would be another Operation Mindcrime. It wasn't, even though I have learned to appreciate it somewhat, I still can't really cope with the alternative rock or alternative metal influences. The sound is terrible, with no dynamics what so ever, that goes for the stereo and the surround options. Then there are people who reccommend cranking the colume up for getting the best effect! Erm, yea, perhaps if you want to hurt your ears. The mix is safely done, with most action going on in the fronts but still there's enough activity in the rears to make up for a pretty solid mix imo. Package wise it's a pretty crappy offering, regular plastic dvd case with a booklet. My first Silverline disc, and I can't say that the surround mix is the big problem here, not even the song material, it's the sound, production and mastering used in the first place that leave a lot to be desired.

Back