Question about Zektor Mas 7.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefe1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I just recently found one of these on the bay never used for a decent though not cheap price. Perhaps a little overkill compared to the more affordable 4.1 models but great features and build quality. Comes with the remote also never used.
Anyways I know a few people here have this model including Kal I believe. Just wondering if the hdmi ports can be used separately from the Mch analog connections and if they can pass a 4K TV signal or just 1040P
Also there is a reference to a downloadable MAS7.1supplemental manual for changing the analog audio split but I can find no reference to it on Zektors web site. Does anyone know where I can find a copy?

I just recently found one of these on the bay never used for a decent though not cheap price. Perhaps a little overkill compared to the more affordable 4.1 models but great features and build quality. Comes with the remote also never used.
Anyways I know a few people here have this model including Kal I believe. Just wondering if the hdmi ports can be used separately from the Mch analog connections and if they can pass a 4K TV signal or just 1040P
Also there is a reference to a downloadable MAS7.1supplemental manual for changing the analog audio split but I can find no reference to it on Zektors web site. Does anyone know where I can find a copy?
Ha ha - so you're the one that out bid me by a buck 🤷‍♂️ - nice going @jefe1 enjoy - LOL

Is this what you're looking for (not supplemental :unsure:) :
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/663622/Zektor-Mas7-1.html

Ouch

We both made the seller some money......

No the regular manual refers to the supplemental one to download. Why didn't they just include a few extra pages.....

The real deal that we both should have jumped on was a 4.1 model that came with the zektor remote and went for $20 plus shipping.

Ouch

We both made the seller some money......

No the regular manual refers to the supplemental one to download. Why didn't they just include a few extra pages.....

The real deal that we both should have jumped on was a 4.1 model that came with the zektor remote and went for $20 plus shipping.
Well I've already got the 4.1, but I wanted the added HDMI connections. Right on about the added manual, geesh, a couple pages more please!

This 8x1 HDMI switch may be interesting for some here:

Monoprice Blackbird 8x1 HDMI 1.4 Switch
40671.jpg

Even audio-only players require a video connection for menus and settings.

Just wondering if the hdmi ports can be used separately from the Mch analog connections and if they can pass a 4K TV signal or just 1040P
I believe they can be used separately, iirc. I've even used them backwards to have one HDMI input feed multiple outputs. The device is passive but predates the appearance of 4k so you would have to try it and see.

As for documentation, I will have to unearth the device from storage and see what's in it.

Thanks Kal
This supplemental manual is mentioned on page 2 of the printed manual that came in the box. You are supposed to download it from Zektor.
I am anal I want all the manufacturer info for future use.
Yes guess I will have to test a 4k tv with the hdmi ports and see the manual says they comply with version 1.3a and HDCP
Dont know if it will carry the full bandwidth for Hdr 4k

Thanks Kal
This supplemental manual is mentioned on page 2 of the printed manual that came in the box. You are supposed to download it from Zektor.
I am anal I want all the manufacturer info for future use.
Yes guess I will have to test a 4k tv with the hdmi ports and see the manual says they comply with version 1.3a and HDCP
Dont know if it will carry the full bandwidth for Hdr 4k
That was my main concern also, HDMI specs, as they keep changing fairly rapidly i.e. 8K (not that I'm even close to that, I don't even have 4k yet!)

This supplemental manual is mentioned on page 2 of the printed manual that came in the box.
Is this what you're looking for (not supplemental :unsure:) :
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/663622/Zektor-Mas7-1.html
Although it is only 23 pages, that PDF contains the information needed to re-program what is controlled by the S-switches and the number switches on page 15. My manual runs 39 pages (came in the original box) but I am not sure what the additional content is.

Hi

That PDF is the 39 page manual.
If you look at the bottom of page 3 it says for more information on changing the analog audio split download the MAS7.1 Supplemental Manual.

So there is something else. Have no idea how essential or useful that additional info may be.

Kal it sounds like you have stopped using this Zektor switch. Do you prefer something else?

Kal it sounds like you have stopped using this Zektor switch. Do you prefer something else?
All my analog audio connections, these days, are balanced XLR. I would love to have balanced version of the MAS7.1.

I have been able to obtain the Zektor MAS7.1 supplemental manual - primarily for serial control of the Zektor via the RS-232 port or via IP.

Attachments

• Zektor MAS7.1 Supplemental Manual.pdf
    340.4 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Back