question for canadians ordering from USA

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daved64

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I would like to order a few DVD-A's from Amazon.com....I can't find them on Amazon.ca......and even with the currency exchange it's cheaper than if I bought them here......but I'm afraid of getting hit with customs charges and taxes.
Anyone order from the US and have the stuff get to them scott-free?

I have ordered many things from amazon.com and have never paid any taxes or duties. Always comes to my mailbox for the price quoted on the site. What DVD-A's are cheaper?

They have a deal...Machine Head and Brain Salad Surgery for $27.99US...for both!.....with shipping and conversion it's about $56CND. The same 2 at HMV.com are over $70CND with tax. Dunno how much bestbuy has them for, but even if they were $25 each, it would still be cheaper from amazon.com

I just went and checked it out.....and from yesterday to this morning the shipping charge went from 7.95 to over $11!!!! and I think they raised the price of the deal too! yesterday my total was $57....today it's $63! What the hell? Screw it! Bestbuy, here I come!:mad:

I guess if they have raised the costs that high I wil not be buying anything else from them. They are probably trying to ensure that Canadians buy from amazon.ca.

I have both those titles. In fact they were the first 2 that I bought about a year ago. BestBuy should have them both. At least the Ajax store does anyway.

When is .ca gonna carry DVD-A/SACD? I know they have some, but I don't see a section devoted to it.:mad:

I go on the U.S. site and get the ASIN number and then I search for this number on the .ca site. A lot of the SACD's appear on the .ca site as "Import" and doesn't mention SACD at all. You have to use the ASIN to find them. Try looking for Billy Joel - The Stranger on the .com site. You get an ASIN number of B00004YC0D. When you search on the .ca site you see the SACD cover but the description is The Stranger [IMPORT] [ENHANCED]. This is the SACD though. I have complained to them numerous times but the website still has not changed.
:rolleyes:

Sorry.......I had a previous inquiry lurking in my shopping cart, that's why the shipping charge was so high.......my mistake!!!!!!!!!!:(

Back